Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Powell from Matt Deckard Apparel

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I'm also previewing a new design.

The Cagney
tumblr_m3fb0fffYb1r91qw7o5_r1_1280.jpg

I love the wide ribbon and its edging. Very classic.

Last edited:

Big_Papi_T

New in Town
My new Powell / 1st wearing...

hmmm....the mailman dropped off a package on my front porch today. I wonder what it could be?
Its from Matt Deckard Apparel. Could it be?!....

Whatcom-Falls_Shannons-bday_Fedora-hat023.jpg

Inside I find....YES! My new Powell!!

Whatcom-Falls_Shannons-bday_Fedora-hat024.jpg

The Powell looks right at home alongside my mid-to-late 40's Remington Rand DeLuxe 5 typewriter...

Whatcom-Falls_Shannons-bday_Fedora-hat025.jpg

...another view of The Powell (customized w/ a black ribbon hat band)

Whatcom-Falls_Shannons-bday_Fedora-hat026.jpg

1st wearing of my new Powell!

Whatcom-Falls_Shannons-bday_Fedora-hat030.jpg

Big_Papi_T

New in Town
I think the black ribbon looks awesome. Good shot with the typewriter.

Congratulations on your new hat.

Thanks Matt! :)
& thank you for making such a nice fedora!

Very nice. I was wondering how black would look - the answer is awesome. I'll have to do that.

Thanks! :D
I like the look of the ones with the brown ribbon, but since I mainly wear black's & charcoal grey I felt it made sense to get it done up in black. I was a homebody today, so I can't wait to step out in public with it on!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
I've gotten enough requests that I'm now going to offer the Powell and the Cagney in Phantom Gray.

tumblr_m48mhmvSoj1r91qw7o1_1280.jpg

I’m going to have to scrounge around for funds for just one more hat this year as the Powell is the nicest one I’ve handled. A nice gray would probably stand up very well to the test of time as an everyday hat. I just wasn't sure MTB would be the right color for me. Too many options now, I'll have to ponder this a bit. :D

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I had sworn off new hat purchases, after the two coming from VS, but I'm going to have to rethink that. The Powell in gray would be very nice to have.

Big_Papi_T

New in Town
File this one under "1st Timers":

So over the years I've gotten many comments about the various hats I wear (mostly positive), but never one like this.
While I was out & about sporting my new "Powell," my wife & I stopped by the grocery store. As we entered an older woman passing by me said that my hat "sure is pretty!" :D
I couldn't help but laugh, at which she corrected herself and said it was "handsome." I just smiled & said thanks.
"Pretty"...that's a new one on me! ;) lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner