Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The quality of a suit

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Loro Piana and their new Baby Cashmere

Finer and finer... I waas hoping the trend woud change though I don't think it will anytime soon. Baby Cahmere is now available for jackets suits and sweaters from Loro Piana. It's the first hairs of a baby Cashmere. A micron and more finer than regular cashmere and assure to wear out faster and cost more.

GateXC

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
Loro Piana and their new Baby Cashmere

Finer and finer... I waas hoping the trend woud change though I don't think it will anytime soon. Baby Cahmere is now available for jackets suits and sweaters from Loro Piana. It's the first hairs of a baby Cashmere. A micron and more finer than regular cashmere and assure to wear out faster and cost more.

And feels spectacular.

Instead of anytime soon, the trend toward more luxurious, finer fabrics isn't going anywhere w/n our lifetimes except toward even finer materials.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
GateXC said:
And feels spectacular.
I was at LP a few weeks ago and conducted a blind testing between the regular and baby cashmere sweaters. After a half hour of try-ons, with much fondling and petting, I found that the difference in softness was negligible. IIRC, the regular cashmere was priced at $600, the baby at $1100. BTW, the vicu?±a came in at $3,000. :eek:

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Tomasso said:
After a half hour of try-ons, with much fondling and petting, I found that the difference in softness was negligible.

It's akin to tasting fine wines: once you reach the highest echelon, the difference in greatness between wine 'A' and wine 'B' is unnoticeable to all but the most experienced and exacting tasters ... which is where the snobbery kicks in.

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
BellyTank said:
The suit jacket has become a "slip-on/slip-off" item of clothing-an item of outer wear, almost. Off for the car- on for the walk to the office- off for the office.

This is one of my great annoyances, and yet another reason I hate spending so much time in the car. I should be putting on my jacket to go somewhere, not taking it off. And it just seems undignified to have to stand next to the car and futz with my jacket. I should be able to put myself together before I step out the door, and leave it at that.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Guy I work with also works at Banana Republic. Has one of the newer silk/linen suits.

Looks pretty good.

According to him the armholes are tightening back up.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
This 'thinning' is getting to sci fi levels. I mean, how many more microns can be shaved off?

This fellow is the first to try the new Super 5000 suiting fabric:

r59496_163419.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112