Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Real McCoy Buco J-100 questions

Aaronblitz

New in Town
I have the RMC J100 in a 42
I'm 5'9 177lbs with a 42" chest and I only wear the jacket unzipped with a tee, and it fits a thick hoodie under just fine. You gotta allow at least 3 inches in the chest to breath.

N8202Gc.jpg

uUWtL1W.jpg

8dBUN9u.jpg

BKWtJYa.jpg

I went to the shop vancouver today. I saw an iron heart type III IHK 64 that fit me well but not sure thats quite the style I was looking for. I also saw a Y2 leather EB 140 in black (almost brownish) 1.8-2mm thick Leather again similar style to the iron heart and a lot of $$$. I still love the RMC J100 clean simple lines. The fit above was super helpful thank you as we are nearly identical I am 39 years old turning 40 which this will be my gift 6’2 and 185lbs with 42” chest. This post really helped me and I think the 42 in the J100 would be the way to go! Thanks again.

Aaronblitz

New in Town
Question I know standard and strange lists the RMC j100 as vegetable tan leather. Does this also means it’s Shinki as I have heard such great things about this leather. Apologies if this is a dumb questions.

Aaronblitz

New in Town
Ok good to know that RMC j100 is still my front runner. Still enjoying the research and went to make sure it’s “the one” before I pull the trigger. Thanks for the heads up.

Damon141

Practically Family
Did you happen to ask the shop Vancouver if they could get or we’re getting any more of those Y’2 café racers back in stock?

I would love it if I had a shop with high end leather jackets near me or at least in my state.

I have toyed with the idea of opening a small shop with a good web presence here in Tampa Bay Florida. I just don’t know if Florida is the place for it, I feel like New York abs west coast states like California, Oregon, Washington are more likely to have he right crowd that is into these clothes. If anyone knows Tampa I think the SoHo area might be a nice spot if there was one.

Did you happen to ask the shop Vancouver if they could get or we’re getting any more of those Y’2 café racers back in stock?

I would love it if I had a shop with high end leather jackets near me or at least in my state.

I have toyed with the idea of opening a small shop with a good web presence here in Tampa Bay Florida. I just don’t know if Florida is the place for it, I feel like New York abs west coast states like California, Oregon, Washington are more likely to have he right crowd that is into these clothes. If anyone knows Tampa I think the SoHo area might be a nice spot if there was one.
I would think Ybor City could be a good spot. Nothing goes with great cigars better than quality leather.

Damon141

Practically Family
I would think Ybor City could be a good spot. Nothing goes with great cigars better than quality leather.
We need more cool shops in ybor and downtown St. Petersburg. Over the past 20 years both areas have been taken over by mediocre overpriced , here today & gone tomorrow restaurants. This restaurant boom wiped out most of the cool little shops for clothing, collectibles, art, antiques, and other interesting furniture shops couldn’t afford the rent anymore and couldn’t adapt to the new crowd of young professionals that hang out in the area. A modern store with cool clothes you can’t get at the international mall might be just what Ybor needs.

Damon141

Practically Family
It’s still great, I’m sure much has changed though like the shopping that I mentioned. Of course you have a homelessness problem that major city’s are struggling with sadly. I’m sure it wasn’t like that in ‘98.
But seeing posts where guys are able to walk in and try on interesting clothes in person like in California and New York makes me wish we had something the same here. It would take a great deal of planning with these small companies. I could see inventory being a problem to stock as I don’t know how much there is to go around of many brands.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Question I know standard and strange lists the RMC j100 as vegetable tan leather. Does this also means it’s Shinki as I have heard such great things about this leather. Apologies if this is a dumb questions.

While the leather on this jacket is definitely good, most of what you’ve heard online about “Shinki” is just an online hype train.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Did RMC tweak the sizing on this jacket J-100 through the years? I am seeing one with wider shoulder and narrower chest, and one with slimmer shoulder and wider chest. Or just difference in measuring? It was always horsehide right? Is there any other labels on the jackets like inside the chest pockets that could further identify the year and model?

Damon141

Practically Family
It was changed according to a member from Australia that I spoke with, he was selling his Buco j100 sz44 because he upsized to a 46.

Someone will know more but this was posted
For the record I had a RmC Buco J-100 in Sz 44 from a few years back which had very slim arms and shoulders - if I had been any bigger it would not have fitted. I recently (this year) bought a new Sz 44 J-100 from The Real McCoys and it is overall a much more genreous fit in the arms and fits much more comfortably- it also has a slightly shorter body which I prefer - if the OP's J100 was bought recently which it looks like it was it will probably follow suit.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It was changed according to a member from Australia that I spoke with, he was selling his Buco j100 sz44 because he upsized to a 46.

Someone will know more but this was posted
Thanks. Yeah I saw lots of conflicting size info and was wondering if the sizing has changed through the years and if so how to identify them for the used jackets.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Alright, looks like the old one is BJ19001 and is smaller and has double topstitch on the sleeve zip:
17_000000000442.jpg

And the current one is BJ19110 and is bigger and changed to one topstitch on the sleeve zip:
8_000000006922.jpg

Finger crossed my detective work is correct...

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
Alright, looks like the old one is BJ19001 and is smaller and has double topstitch on the sleeve zip:
View attachment 509521
And the current one is BJ19110 and is bigger and changed to one topstitch on the sleeve zip:
View attachment 509522
Finger crossed my detective work is correct...

BJ19001 = unlined version, no zip sleeve gussets, slightly smaller, teacore
BJ19110 = lined and has zip sleeve gussets, slightly bigger, teacore and black version (this is the version I have and it has the blue and white "Built by the Real McCoys & Co. / Fine Leather Kraft" label in the right chest pocket but the pocket itself is black fabric and not white/grey.)

rhOiNmC.jpg

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
BJ19001 = unlined version, no zip sleeve gussets, slightly smaller, teacore
BJ19110 = lined and has zip sleeve gussets, slightly bigger, teacore and black version (this is the version I have and it has the blue and white "Built by the Real McCoys & Co. / Fine Leather Kraft" label in the right chest pocket but the pocket itself is black fabric and not white/grey.)

rhOiNmC.jpg

[/URL]
Thank you! Really appreciated the help. Cheers

Damon141

Practically Family
What happened to the Racer with the side panels?
It wasn't a J100 but another J xxxseries ID

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko