Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Real McCoy's Buco J-22 Leather jacket | Size 42

christian-h

One of the Regulars
Hi Fedora Lounge.

Up for grabs: The Real McCoy’s Buco J-22 in size 42. I am the original owner and I bought it from RMC London. The fit is just a bit off and that’s why I don’t use it, which is terrible and that's why the jacket is in such a good condition, with just som minor wear. The belt is of course included (never worn).

I know it’s a long shout, but I would happily trade his for a size 44 J-22 or a RMC J-24 New Fit; I know it's a long shot, but it's worth taking.

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-1-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-2-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-3-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-4-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-5-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-6-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-7-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-8-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-9-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-10-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-11-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-12-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-13-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-14-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-15-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-16-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-17-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-18-av-19.jpg

The-Real-Mc-Coys-Buco-J22-Leather-Jacket-19-av-19.jpg

I would be pleased to source the marked for a trade in the first place. Seeing the prices today, I simply can not afford bying a new one. As mentioned above: J-22 in size 44, or a J-24 new fit.

In a possible trade: I have no problem to ship my jacket first, for inspection and to make sure that everything is OK (well known members only).

Measurements in centimeter
Chest: 56 cm
Shoulders: 48 cm
Length: 62 cm
Bottom width: 55 cm
Sleeve length: 60 cm

Measurements in inches
Chest: 22″
Shoulders: 19″
Length: 24.5″
Bottom width: 22″
Sleeve length: 23.6″

A reproduction of the 1950 Buco J-22, this Jacket is made with durable horsehide leather that is vegetable-tanned and aniline finished. This classic jacket features gold Talon zippers, 100% wool lining in a red and black woven houndstooth check pattern, and a curved buckle belt.

• Genuine Horsehide Leather
• Double type off-set zipper
• Wool Houndstooth Lining
• Reproduction Talon Zipper and D.O.T. button snaps
• Made in Japan

What's super cool about this jacket? Ralph Lauren himself wears a McCoy's J-22 (I got this confirmed by RMC.). Here's some bonus pictures:

Ralph-Lauren-in-The-Real-McCoys-Buco-J22-Leater-Jacket-2.jpeg
Ralph-Lauren-in-The-Real-McCoys-Buco-J22-Leater-Jacket.jpeg
Buco-J22.jpeg

Please feel free to ask any question.

Best wishes,
Christian

Last edited:

Leigh H

Practically Family
Call me ignorant, but I never heard of a J22 from McCoys. There’s the J24 and J24L. What is different about the J22?

its a thicker / warmer jacket with a wool houndstooth lining, instead of nylon quilting.

I think they've stopped making it now, i could be wrong.

christian-h

One of the Regulars
Call me ignorant, but I never heard of a J22 from McCoys. There’s the J24 and J24L. What is different about the J22?

As Leigh H say: it's wool lined with the famous red and black houndstooth pattern. The liner is warmer than the quilted ones, but it doesn't build as thick the rayon/wool lined versions, yet it's slightly warmer. The jacket is made around 2017 and RMC doesn't make them today.

It's also a different fit than the J-24 produced at the same time; the fit is cut with slightly more generous proportions.

its a thicker / warmer jacket with a wool houndstooth lining, instead of nylon quilting.

I think they've stopped making it now, i could be wrong.

Thanks! I didn't now about the thickness, are you sure about that? I have a Steinbeck from McCoy's and I haven't noticed any different in the thickness, except for the lining.

Leigh H

Practically Family
As Leigh H say: it's wool lined with the famous red and black houndstooth pattern. The liner is warmer than the quilted ones, but it doesn't build as thick the rayon/wool lined versions, yet it's slightly warmer. The jacket is made around 2017 and RMC doesn't make them today.

It's also a different fit than the J-24 produced at the same time; the fit is cut with slightly more generous proportions.

Thanks! I didn't now about the thickness, are you sure about that? I have a Steinbeck from McCoy's and I haven't noticed any different in the thickness, except for the lining.

Sorry i was just referring to the lining not the leather, i assumed thats why the fit was more relaxed due to the thicker lining.

christian-h

One of the Regulars
Sorry i was just referring to the lining not the leather, i assumed thats why the fit was more relaxed due to the thicker lining.
No worries! I'm not sure I would call it thicker lining; it's more fair to call it more dense and warmer, compared to J-24. I actually choosed this over J-24, just because the wool lining doesn't build as much as the rayon padded lining.

christian-h

One of the Regulars
Bump, $1700 shipped!

I’m naive looking for a trade only and the jacket is only going to dust at my place; this beauty is better of at a new home.

christian-h

One of the Regulars
Friday bump and some bonus pictures of Alessandro Squarzi, with his Real McCoy's J-22 jacket.

Alessandro-Squarzi-Buco-J22-leather-Jacket.jpeg

Alessandro-Squarzi-Buco-J-22-Leather-Jacket-2.jpeg

$1700 shipped (I will ship within 24 h after closed deal)

Last edited:

christian-h

One of the Regulars
It's monday again! Start the week fresh with a J-22.

Tailored to perfection and guaranteed to give you the most outstanding jacket on the market.

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
does anyone know if j-22 uses the same mouton collar as j-24 ? even if not a perfect fit can it be attached?

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
thank you Gents, I should be able to fit the BA21101 if I find one on eBay at a reasonable price and have it attached to J-22? This is huge if not I can get it on eaby than Celluloid1984.cocm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy