Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

Resistol Ft. Worth, Byer-Rolnick BR Beaver "30" in Palomino. 3" brim with 2-cord ribbon. Under incandescent lighting Palomino has a light Sage green color to it. The felt has a very nice hand, perhaps close to my Churchill Dalworth "40". I really haven't done a thing to it; it's practically as nice as it was new.

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

Has Mule kicks front & rear.
IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

Break

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Resistol Ft. Worth, Byer-Rolnick BR Beaver "30" in Palomino. 3" brim with 2-cord ribbon. Under incandescent lighting Palomino has a light Sage green color to it. The felt has a very nice hand, perhaps close to my Churchill Dalworth "40". I really haven't done a thing to it; it's practically as nice as it was new.

View attachment 136092

View attachment 136093

View attachment 136094

Has Mule kicks front & rear.
View attachment 136095

View attachment 136096

Break
I decided to bring down the fenders to a gentle roll. Brim still has some cup in the flange front to back. I've left the crease & mule kicks alone.

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Telemaster

One of the Regulars
Possibly a stupid question but, I just got my first Resistol and it seems seriously smaller than the tagged size. I have a bunch of 7 1/8s and 7 1/4s and they all fit different but well.this thing is tagged as 7 1/8 L but is crazy tight. I’m not giving up on it and have it on the stretcher to gain a little room and shape it better for my head... but is that a thing? I guess this is also my first long oval too... can that make such a difference? It’s definitely tight all over including front to back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points