Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The right hat, the right look

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Tried singing "White Line Fever", while wearing it? :)

Lol! No....but I did try singing "White Lightning" while wearing it though!...and I must've have been drinking it when I bought it! ;)

[video=youtube;3NMklxiE6xw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NMklxiE6xw[/video]

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great stoneage rock! You can almost hear the diningroom chairs, the carpet and the floorlamp in the corner ... wonderful boxy sound :)
The Big Bopper was one of the best from that era. He's not only the original artist to that song, he also wrote it. Those were the days! :)

The Fedorable

One of the Regulars
Crown Shape

I don't know about this one, so I'll just ask it anyway.

Do any of you feel any difference when you wear your hats? Different hats with different crowns and bashes, surely there's going to be a different feel to them.

I'm wearing my C-crown Jaxon more and more. My Jaxon Pinch crown feels goofy on me some times, and I wore that hat like there was no tomorrow since I got it. However, it just feels different on me. All I can say at this point is it's probably the taper and maybe a little of the bash itself. They both have a tapered crown, but it's less of a triangle looking shape with the c-crown Jaxon.

Any thoughts from you gentlemen here on the FL? Maybe there is someone out there with a mutual feeling.

Lensmaster

One of the Regulars
I agree with the confidence theory. It is probably true that some types of hats and some heads/faces don't go together, I'm not saying that everybody can wear anything, but I think many types of hats look good on many faces. No matter how good a stylist picks a hat to fit your face, if you aren't comfortable wearing it you won't look good. I never wore hats until about four years ago. I was nervous at first but once I became comfortable people started complimenting me. I wear both fedoras of different sizes and colors and homburgs. I also started wearing bow ties about the same time. People tell me "not many people can wear a boy tie but it works for you." It's not that my face looks good with a bow tie, it's that I wear a good suit and I act like it's the most natural thing.

...Do any of you feel any difference when you wear your hats? Different hats with different crowns and bashes, surely there's going to be a different feel to them...
...I wear the hat; it doesn't wear me...
^ This. Besides, I only have five fedoras that look very similar (I have pretty specific tastes lol), so "different" doesn't come into play much. I wear whichever hat I feel like wearing at any given moment, but I'm still "me" under them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy