Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SATIN FINISH/LONG HAIR CLUB

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
I found a long hair cowboy hat on craigslist (7 5/8, thank you Lord) for $35. It's not vintage but it's my size. I cut the brim down to 2 3/4" and reshaped the 7" crown into a diamond crown with a pinched front. I replaced the thin ribbon with a 1.5" matching black ribbon. If I can ever figure out how to upload pics I'll add some here and at the conversion corral.

thespoiler

One of the Regulars
I found a long hair cowboy hat on craigslist (7 5/8, thank you Lord) for $35. It's not vintage but it's my size. I cut the brim down to 2 3/4" and reshaped the 7" crown into a diamond crown with a pinched front. I replaced the thin ribbon with a 1.5" matching black ribbon. If I can ever figure out how to upload pics I'll add some here and at the conversion corral.
Me too...look forward to see your conversion. I have a long hair western I intend to convert....

TomS

One Too Many

I cant wait to see the hat!!

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Here's my long hair conversion. It started life as a cowboy hat made by Peters Bros in Ft Worth some time ago. I picked it up from a guy on Craigslist for $30.

20121106_194054.jpg

It has a massive 7 inch crown when open

20121106_202651.jpg

Worst of all was the hatband (anyone want some peacock vomit?)

20121106_194254.jpg

After some shearing and some steam, a little needle work and ribbon, we have this
20121128_074619.jpg

tridentine

Suspended
I apolgize for the crude remark and any scandal it caused.

To explain more clearly; I was set to buy an Stetson 100 from Gtdean, who kindly agreed to sell it to me.
Unfortunately due to circumstances in my family, at the time, I was unable to buy it, even though GTdean had kindly boxed it up for me.

For this I am truly sorry.

Last edited:
Apparently when you're friends with the bartender you have license to be a jerk without repercussions.

When somebody posts photos they are asking for opinions & some of them may be different than expected or yours.
Some come the Lounge & start name calling without having any understanding about hats or what the Lounge is about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy