Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The School of Hard Knox

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
My First Knox

This one is on it's way. Looks like it just needs a little pinch in front.

By the way, my decision to purchase it was heavily influenced by this thread, so if I'm not happy.... I'm taking names! :rage: ;)

!BPzgs-!B2k~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLlh!lGBJ1iGdVVK!~~_1.JPG

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
one more Tom n Jerry

DSCN8241.jpg

Aside from the Vagabond this is my favorite Knox model.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Still patiently waiting for one of these fine Knox gems.

Thanks for reviving this thread, Belegnole.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Jabos

A-List Customer
My new Knox Fifth Avenue. But, mine has been dehorned. Someone trimmed the brim ribbon off, and I can tell when feeling the edge (and of course when looking at yours GWD). It came to me with newspaper folded in the sweatband. Perhaps a clue about the age? 1955 I hope? No. Wall Street Journal 1987, probably when it was trimmed up. Still a 2 1/8th inch brim and really a solid nice hat.

030copy.jpg

037-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
DoctorJ said:
This one is on it's way. Looks like it just needs a little pinch in front.

By the way, my decision to purchase it was heavily influenced by this thread, so if I'm not happy.... I'm taking names! :rage: ;)

Not worried one little bit. You will be happy. :)

Jabos

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
Jabos, is that color for real? Looks pumpkinish but not quite as orange on my monitor. With a blue/green ribbon? Absolutely fantastic looking colors the way I'm seeing it!!!
Well, you caught me Gene. I tried to adjust it on photoshop to be closer to the real color. It is camel and green.
Here is another pic in the light and the colors are a little washed out in this pic:
009-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Visigoth

A-List Customer
When Knox and Dobbs were independent companies, did one have the reputation for producing higher-end hats, or were they basically competing at the same level?

I have lovely hats from both, although I think my Dobbs hats are a notch finer (which is probably just a result of not landing the right Knox yet).

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Visigoth said:
When Knox and Dobbs were independent companies, did one have the reputation for producing higher-end hats, or were they basically competing at the same level?

I have lovely hats from both, although I think my Dobbs hats are a notch finer (which is probably just a result of not landing the right Knox yet).

Knox and Dobbs competed from the mid-range levels and up, both when they were independent, and when they were under the umbrella of the Hat Corporation of America. Though they had hats at various price points, both brands were considered to be higher end hats.

Just need to find the right Knox.;)

Brad

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Hatco-era Knox Player, dark tan with black ribbon, hand diamond rebashed.
3377794153_c6b954def4.jpg

The felt is pretty high-grade, dense and finely textured, despite its being a latter-day product.

With dhermann1, under a vintage trolley-corded Knox in cocoa brown.
3370062155_432902300c.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
My Knox Twenty. Superb hat, came open crown and perfect uncreased condition. As much as I tried to put a teardrop in it, it seemed to only want a diamond.

Gorgeous hat Bill!! Is there a blueish cast to the color? Nothing wrong with a hand bashed diamond.

B

buler

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
Thanks guys. Yes it does have a blueish tint to it. I believe it's from the same seller you got your Dobbs (20?) from buler. A while ago. Had forgotten to shoot and post it.

I forgot about that one. Glad you got it. If it ever shrinks up too tight, let me know. :D

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff