Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The School of Hard Knox

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I love my Knox and will be on the look out for more. The price was great and the quality second to non and made in Connecticut make them all the better.

Jeff

facade

A-List Customer
Factory Pictures

Some pictures I took of the former Knox hat factory in Brooklyn.

knox3.jpg

knox1.jpg

knox2.jpg

knox4.jpg

knox5.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's cool, Facade.
Do you know what the building is used for now - looks like it would make nice lofts.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Knox Superfine Derby, Long Hair Beaver/Melusine Finish

Lustrous, long hair beaver/melusine finish derby probably dating to the 1910s-1920 era. First of this type I have seen and examined. The fur appears to be dyed very consistently on the crown exterior and interior, as well as the upper surface of the brim, but exhibits a variegated appearance on the brim under surface.

Exquisite Knox Superfine crest applied to the crown upside down, in contravention to the norm, its rich, warm gold details and royal purple background is quite mercurial and exceedingly difficult to capture photographically. Crest is duplicated on the sweatband in high relief. No United Hatters stamp present behind the sweatband, which is of exceptional quality and without retailer logo.

Crown: 5-1/4".
Ribbon: 1".
Brim: 2" front and back.
Sweatband: 1-7/8".

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ