Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shoomans highend ltalian shoo photos.

The Shooman

Practically Family
ln this thread l will feature all my highend ltalian Santoni shoos. l prefer the styling of the higher end English shoos, but l still love my Santoni's because they look good, are very well made and fit my narrow ankles very well.

(Click on pics to enlarge)

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) wholecuts

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) black brogues (new....bought them two weeks ago)

Santoni Fatte a mano (tan sock) monkstraps

Santoni Fatte a mano (tan sock) toecap bluchers

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) burgundy oxford brogues

Santoni Fatte a mano (tan sock) bluchers (Great with jeans).

Santoni group photo. (Duplicate Santoni's not included).

The Shooman

Practically Family
l now regret waxing many of my Santoni's, because it has left unsightly crease lines [even more visible] on the top of the toebox(s). l also suspect that wax has dried the shoos out. l never used to use wax and l never will again. l strongly believe wax ruins your shoos. Best to stick with paste l think.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Shooman said:
ln this thread l will feature all my highend ltalian Santoni shoos. l prefer the styling of the higher end English shoos, but l still love my Santoni's because they look good, are very well made and fit my narrow ankles very well.

(Click on pics to enlarge)

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) wholecuts

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) black brogues (new....bought them two weeks ago)

Santoni Fatte a mano (tan sock) monkstraps

Santoni Fatte a mano (tan sock) toecap bluchers

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) burgundy oxford brogues

Santoni Fatte a mano (tan sock) bluchers (Great with jeans).

Santoni group photo. (Duplicate Santoni's not included).

The bluchers are a sensational colour- what is it with wax? - give me Kiwi parade polish everytime

The Shooman

Practically Family
Very harse chemicals in KIWI.......alittle bit too harse for use on fine shoos [l would think]. Wax does seem to dry the shoos too.....l feel it might cause premature cracking (wax seems to suck the moisture out of the leather). l also feel that the dry wax residue (hard powder) could eat into the crack of the shoo [over the day through constant shoo flexing] and cause longterm premature cracking. l just use paste now.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
An awsome collection. I myself am still in the stage of buying Allen edmonds and Alden shoes... though will move alng to other makers asfunds come along. I have a few vintage pairs though nothing as snazzy as what you show.

Have any pics of you wearing them with complimentint outfits?

Whare do you get your shoe trees?

The Shooman

Practically Family
That's the major problem with shoos....all the good ones are very costly.

l will have to post some pics with an outfit.

l get the trees from a local factory. l just go into this huge leather merchants factory and climb the high shelves to get what l want:eusa_doh: . No service there.They emply many mentally handicapped people too. lt is a dusty old factory too, and parking is very very difficult.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
My biggest problem is wide forefoot and narrow heel. I need a combination last which is rarely used. I learned alot by talking to the Cobbler who works for edward Green and am no longer shying away from shoes that are a bit narrower around the ball of my foot. So far with the new Allen Edmonds i have it seems to be more comfortable walking all together. The fit of the shoes is fantastic though i still tend to think the major benefit of the new pair of shoes is the Poron insoles, they are fantastic.

The Shooman

Practically Family
l've been getting more tighter fitting shoos too. The Santoni Wholecut and the tan shoo above have a glove like fit....they grip to my feet really well.

The Grenson Masterpieces l have are tight fitting [in most areas] but the ankle area is not as snug as l would like in any of them. The Grenson Chelsea's are great though. l'll post some pics of my Grenson collection soon.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
A proposito Santoni shoes

I have been thinking about purchasing a pair on the 'Bay. Could I get some advice here?

Do they fit narrow a la Italiana ? Do they fit like an AE eg you need a size 11 if you are 10.5 USA?

I am 44 Euro UK 10F every time no misses.

What do I need in Santoni when buying the USA measuremants?

Any ideas from any of you Santoni wearing paesans?

The Shooman

Practically Family
cookie said:
I have been thinking about purchasing a pair on the 'Bay. Could I get some advice here?

Do they fit narrow a la Italiana ? Do they fit like an AE eg you need a size 11 if you are 10.5 USA?

I am 44 Euro UK 10F every time no misses.

What do I need in Santoni when buying the USA measuremants?

Any ideas from any of you Santoni wearing paesans?

They are some very good questions. Santoni widths can vary alot....it all depends on the last. Some are narrow and some are wider. ln regards to length, l can't positively tell you if they are true to size or not......wish l could tell you....i'd buy Santoni off ebay too. l get my Santoni's through a private source. l'm normally a size 7 U.K and a size 7.5 in U.S shoos, but i'm a size 6 in the Santoni's that my private source gets from Milan. However, l do recall someone saying on AAAC that Santoni's run true to size. All the shoos i've had ordered from Milan have been a whole size less, so maybe Santoni's on U.S ebay will run true to size.

What l can say is that all the Santoni Handmades (tan sock) l have consistantly run the same size....even the orange sock models [i've tried] seem to.

When i'm in Harrolds next (i'll be buying some ties shortly), i'll try a few pair of their Santoni Handmade orange sock models and get back to you.....i'll P.M you back when l do. l'm interested to see how they fit too.

lnteresting what you say about AE sizing.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Santoni shoes

Thanks mate

The basis of my assessment of AEs was trying them out in Sydney the other day at Peter Sheppards. They are imported in the USA measurements of D EE if I remember right.

Now what do you think of Tramezzas?

The Shooman

Practically Family
cookie said:
Thanks mate

The basis of my assessment of AEs was trying them out in Sydney the other day at Peter Sheppards. They are imported in the USA measurements of D EE if I remember right.

Now what do you think of Tramezzas?

l've only seen a few Tramezzas before so l can't comment too much about quality, but they (Tramezzas) do look nicely made and of nice leather (l would prefer Santoni FAM [tan sock.....goodyear constructed]). l've actually had my eye on a pair of Spectators Tramezzas 50% made from Ostrich.......been waiting for the price to become right (originally $1,985.....l was waiting for it to drop to around $1,200[on sale]). They would be great casual shoos........so far, there is no more Ostrich specs [in my size] left. :mad: ......price has dropped to almost tempting levels.

Never knew Peter Sheppard sold AE. Do they sell shell cordovan models? How much do AE go for at Peter Sheppard?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner