Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Bartender
be_lovely said:
Now, what I want to see is someone be "Thing" for Halloween, that would be an amazing feat to see.
I personally wanna try to go for the lil schoolgirl look for halloween.

lol. What i wanted was for one of the guys to wear an all-over catsuit - black, maybe, or possibly a blue or green one (think SFX technology in cinema...), with just noe hand cut out.... The ideal ,of course, would be to have a Lurch with a false arm supporting the box and the real hand inside it...

be_lovely said:
Apparently, I was unable to "be_lovely" enough for the zig man, so he has passed me on.... so, here I am, once again, SINGLE and was looking for the room to post that in, but I am sure this is close enough. Maybe someone out there would like to take me out to a nice Jazz club, or mixer sometime (Even took some dance classes to cut the rug with someone). Drop me a line!!!! I'm in the Philadelphia, Northeast PA area.

Alas, somewhat too much of a locational challenge for me.

cookie said:
Now if you could only find Cousin Itt???????....

I know a girl with really long hair..... :D

PA Dancer said:
I think most people in general have a hard time finding someone...but with us...to find that someone who can be just as (what's the word I want to use here) eccentric? as we are...I think that is where we maybe having the problem.

Well, that's always the thing that happens when you're a subculture person, and you want to be with someone that you have common interests with. Finding someone to date is easy peasy - as Michael Stipe once said "Anyone can get liad - it's simply a matter of lowering your standards enough." Finding someone that you could be with for the long haul - ah, now that's hard. Very difficult at best, and for some of us it just doesn't happen.

I also find being religious is limiting (few other folks are nowadays, and few folks who aren't would be happy to have their weekends limited by commitments to a church). And not wanting kids. There's more women around out there, I'm learning, who don't want kids than I thought, but it's still a severely limiting factor.

PA Dancer said:
I think as we get older we just get a little more set in our ways.

Definitely. Thing is, kids of 21 are still figuring themselves out, they've got time to grow together. Once we hit our early 30s, we're much more fully formed people - we know who we are, what we're into, and what we'd expect in a partner. Someone you might have dated for a few months at 21 can likely be evaluated and dismissed as a potential partner in an hour or two at 33! I think too at this age, I just can't be bothered with the idea of spending a heap of time emtionally investing in something I just can't see working out. Then on top of that, as one gets older, inevitable the social circle shrinks, you don't meet as many new people, those you do are more likely than not married or otherwise in serious relationships... and on it goes.

My check list:
Must have job.
Must have car.
Must have a place to live that has a foundation.
Must have watched the muppet show.

Picky, eh? ;) If I wrote a checklist, it'd be so specific as likely there'd be nobody would fit on it! ;)

HANSOLOJONES

New in Town
PA Dancer said:
Welcome to the forum HSJ, your're going to love it here.

Sorry PA Dancer, I walked away from the computer. Thanks for the welcome. And your right, I already love it here!!!

High Regards,
HSJ.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
Edward said:
...Well, that's always the thing that happens when you're a subculture person, and you want to be with someone that you have common interests with. Finding someone to date is easy peasy - as Michael Stipe once said "Anyone can get liad - it's simply a matter of lowering your standards enough." Finding someone that you could be with for the long haul - ah, now that's hard. Very difficult at best, and for some of us it just doesn't happen.

I also find being religious is limiting (few other folks are nowadays, and few folks who aren't would be happy to have their weekends limited by commitments to a church). And not wanting kids. There's more women around out there, I'm learning, who don't want kids than I thought, but it's still a severely limiting factor.

You are right about the subculture. We all want someone to share our interests, but how to I go about finding someone who is old fashioned, interested in dancing, car shows, has a job, car, a place to live with a foundation, has watched the muppets, doesn't want children or pets, and is perferably my age (34) or slightly older?

I do get out there and date, but it is usually very casual and ends in friendship. I love meeting new people no matter what. I don't mind putting in the effort even if it's just to be friends.

I figure the more friends I have, the better chance I have to have someone to go play bingo with when I retire.

I've given up on checklists for what a person should have. I now focus on what she shouldn't have.

1. An obsession with money
2. A New York cynicism that she didn't earn the right to have (Besides, that's my department.)
3. A foul mouth
4. A hairlip

I'm willing to work with most others. In fact, I like welcoming people into my world.

Regards,

Senator Jack

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
luvthatlulu said:
Memo to LocktownDog: See how this works?

lol I'm a slow learner. Been off the market for a very long time. Heck, even when I was on the market, I never said the right thing. That's why I rely on my dashing good looks and a roll of cash.

Richard

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
be_lovely said:
I used to hide from the magic mirror, because I was afraid she'd say my name, and she never did!!!!!!!

I loved Captain Noah, and the Great American Space Coaster

The mirror freaked me out too. :D I was on Wonderama more than once. Oh, and my sweet lil' jersey girl ... remember Uncle Floyd out of that Hoboken TV station? I've got his autographed photo. That's how special I am. :cheers1: Of course, if you don't remember him, then I'm just gonna feel real old.

Richard

I grew up on Uncle Floyd!!!! In fact, I went to see his stand-up act just last year. Spoke with him for a while after the show and reminisced. Alas, almost all the shows have been erased and what remains is from Mugsy's (RIP) collection and what the fans taped back then. A brilliant troupe that got usurped by that thief PeeWee Herman.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
LocktownDog said:
The mirror freaked me out too. :D I was on Wonderama more than once. Oh, and my sweet lil' jersey girl ... remember Uncle Floyd out of that Hoboken TV station? I've got his autographed photo. That's how special I am. :cheers1: Of course, if you don't remember him, then I'm just gonna feel real old.

Richard

I used to watch uncle floyd late at nite after a nite out, cant say i ever watched the show "streight", but that was back in the day LOL

luvthatlulu

Suspended
LocktownDog said:
lol I'm a slow learner. Been off the market for a very long time. Heck, even when I was on the market, I never said the right thing. That's why I rely on my dashing good looks and a roll of cash.

Richard

Excuse, me. Did you say "a roll of cash"?

Lulu

$ally

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
I've given up on checklists for what a person should have. I now focus on what she shouldn't have.
1. An obsession with money
2. A New York cynicism that she didn't earn the right to have (Besides, that's my department.)
3. A foul mouth
4. A hairlip
I'm willing to work with most others. In fact, I like welcoming people into my world.Regards,Senator Jack
Jeez, so negative ;)
I would agree on the foul mouth and obsession with anything and will add debauched. I can't do the shallow empty thing. I used to require teeth and hair, now not so much...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou