Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
pretty faythe said:
So as I was trying to get to and started rambling uncontrollably....if your son is already old enough, get ready for him to start pointing out women and girls to you asking if you think they are hot, now that your available :p

That reminds me of when I was 14 and driving down the street with my Uncle in his truck. He says; "hey look at that girl and her mother over there. You take the daughter, I'll take the mother" I said; "I don't think she's that cute" and he said; "OK you take the mother and I'll take the daughter".lol

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
That reminds me of when I was 14 and driving down the street with my Uncle in his truck. He says; "hey look at that girl and her mother over there. You take the daughter, I'll take the mother" I said; "I don't think she's that cute" and he said; "OK you take the mother and I'll take the daughter".lol
Yeah, I'm suprised my daughter hasn't gotten to that point yet.lol

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Lola Valentine said:
This is too true. I have a real problem with guys not realising that I like them. It seems that for most guys you'd have to hold up a sign reading "ASK ME OUT" before they'd take the hint. And even then.....

And even then, they either think you're just being nice (grr) or that you're just good friends. Might as well do it like a cartoon, hit the man over the head with an oversize club and drag 'em! lol

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
sweetfrancaise said:
And even then, they either think you're just being nice (grr) or that you're just good friends. Might as well do it like a cartoon, hit the man over the head with an oversize club and drag 'em! lol

I like this idea. Maybe I should just be telling my dog to fetch the man instead of the ball....

pretty faythe

One Too Many
sweetfrancaise said:
Some guys don't get it then either...or else they just seee you as one of the guys. I hate being one of the guys!!!!

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Lola Valentine said:
I like this idea. Maybe I should just be telling my dog to fetch the man instead of the ball....

Perfect! Take the dog out for a walk, find an attractive guy who likes your dog (and you, of course), then BAM! Then, all you have to do is shrug and tell him that the dog doesn't know any better...

pretty faythe said:
Some guys don't get it then either...or else they just seee you as one of the guys. I hate being one of the guys!!!!

Oh yes, me too--yes, yes, we like your company, and we really enjoy going out for drinks/to a concert/playing video games with you, but do you forget I'm a girl? lol It certainly feels that way sometimes.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
sweetfrancaise said:

Y'know, that might actually work...

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Lola Valentine said:
This also works for us ladies. I've got a boxer dog, who seems to attract a lot of men. I think they like him because he's a manly dog [huh]

Ah! "The Old Boxer Ploy" Not that that I've ever used it before. ;)

MylittleImp.jpg

Elaina

One Too Many
I've got a yappy mutt that does more for protecting me then letting men get close to me, and a huge cat that does more for "...why are you jogging with your cat...?" (I don't HAVE a sufficient answer other then if I don't put him on a leash he'll get in the road.)

Maybe I should take my dad's standard poodle instead.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Might I suggest you try shopping at Target?

lol

And places like Lowe's, Home Depot, hardware stores, places that "builders" shop, and stores that sell car parts are great places to meet men--there aren't very many women, so an attractive woman stands out. I've also been known to go into the men's clothing section if I see someone who looks good--and pretend I need help choosing a gift. You can come up with all sorts of ways to get people talking.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Elaina said:
I've got a yappy mutt that does more for protecting me then letting men get close to me, and a huge cat that does more for "...why are you jogging with your cat...?" (I don't HAVE a sufficient answer other then if I don't put him on a leash he'll get in the road.)

Maybe I should take my dad's standard poodle instead.

How do you jog with a cat?????lol lol You're killing me. here. lol

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I've been reading the past few pages of posts and I want to put in my two cents on a few things.

I take my dogs to the dog park. You're guaranteed to meet dog lovers there and they might actually be interested in talking to you while their dog runs around.

I have a terrible time meeting people. My work is a magnet for married people or attached people. The bar scene doesn't draw me. I've graduated from school.

A few decent people come from the internet. In my experience 50% of the people have been awesome and the other half not so much.

I recently had a terrible date. It was our first date and he decided to get drunk and make a fool of himself. Needless to say I was not impressed.

I have also experienced a lot of self-involved people. They don't take to time to talk to others, to return e-mails, to make new friends, etc.

The point to all this here is that in this day and age it's very difficult to meet someone.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Luigi Vampa said:
Che cosa? So what's the deal with Target?

If you'll excuse me, I think I heard something fly over me head . . . :p

Go over to page 65 and start reading from there. Miss Fourstarbanner also lives in South Dakota, works in Target and is single and good looking.:D

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
So as I was trying to get to and started rambling uncontrollably....if your son is already old enough, get ready for him to start pointing out women and girls to you asking if you think they are hot, now that your available :p

Oh, he does that now. His problem is that I showed interest in him dating someone with a hot mom. He doesn't want me to marry her someday and make it so he was dating his own "sister". lol

Richard

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:

If he's seeing you as one of the guys, can I suggest you have him update his eyeglass prescription?!? ;)

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo