Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

hargist

One of the Regulars
ClaraB said:
Dating everywhere is hard! Welcome hargist. :)

Agreed. But it seems especially so in Los Angeles. Many of my single friends say the same thing. Apparently it's easier to meet people in Chicago, which is where a lot of my friends are from.

I blame it on cars. You're either at a place, or you're driving to it.

LordJohnRoxton

One of the Regulars
Dating everywhere is hard, but I understand it might look harder in LA. Then again... I fled north and I don't know how much easier it has gotten. Not true... I never had my heart broken until I left LA (or the I suppose we could say that I never fell in love until I left LA). So I suppose that it's still up in the air!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
When I was younger, one of my cousins told me I'd never catch a husband because I didn't have a tan. [huh] I don't know, should I have taken her advice or would I have just been an old-looking spinster, rather than a youngish-looking one?

hargist

One of the Regulars
LordJohnRoxton said:
I never had my heart broken until I left LA (or the I suppose we could say that I never fell in love until I left LA). So I suppose that it's still up in the air!

That's definitely a glass half full/empty situation.

All I'm looking for is a girl with style who likes to swing dance and wants to learn Tango. Oh, and a girl who doesn't think I'm weird for liking hats.

Hmm, now where could a guy find a girl like that?

LordJohnRoxton

One of the Regulars
hargist said:
That's definitely a glass half full/empty situation.

All I'm looking for is a girl with style who likes to swing dance and wants to learn Tango. Oh, and a girl who doesn't think I'm weird for liking hats.

Hmm, now where could a guy find a girl like that?

You and every other bloke, mate!

Feebeeps

New in Town
I used to heavily enjoy being single but lately it is starting to wear me down. All of my friends are married and guys here are very odd. Hard to explain but it is like everyone has to be pre-approved to be asked out or even be friends with. Strange society this Utah.

If I graduate next semester, as planned, then I am off to California to find a life. :)

Feebeeps said:
I used to heavily enjoy being single but lately it is starting to wear me down. All of my friends are married and guys here are very odd. Hard to explain but it is like everyone has to be pre-approved to be asked out or even be friends with. Strange society this Utah.
Indeed. Nice place to visit during the summer, but...

Like I said, leaving a pretty lady like you single except by the lady's choice to be so or for lack of character is a crime against Nature...;)

LordJohnRoxton

One of the Regulars
Feebeeps said:

If I graduate next semester, as planned, then I am off to California to find a life. :)

I've heard similar things from other friends. Quite frankly, just this year I had thought that I was finally done with the single thing for good... and then the rug was pulled out from under me! Now I'm back with the last of the old guard... most of the old friends are married and parents now...

As to California, I've started to miss it lately myself... maybe we'll all meet up there!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
Thats not 'beauty sleep' thats...sleeping on beauty........:)

Aw, thanks Neecerie!

We were all a bit worse for wear that morning but Paddy's a perfect gentleman even when he's three sheets to the wind.

Feebeeps

New in Town
Thanks Diamondback :) Actually guys in this state are very weird. Even non-Mormons have this weird private-importance thing going on and it is next to impossible to get in. No wonder the only two types of females here are molly Mormons or total sluts: The guys here want one or the other.

Vegas is nice and one of my favourite cities, but I am not sure I can find the same career that I could in Cali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy