Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stetson auction stuff's beginning to show up...

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Shhhh! Don't tell anybody . Well I'm sure everyone will figure it out soooner or later .:cool2:

silverHalo

New in Town
Dapper!

Fine looking hat, too bad its a 7 1/4 though.. maybe if I would stop killing all those brain cells with Scotch it would fit perfectly:) I wouldn't mind having a go at his other offering though!:rolleyes:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Bend the rules?

OK, I understand the "No auction outing" thing, as it drives up prices. And I agree 100%.

But this is, maybe, an exception? Since at least 90% of us would have been there if possible, sharing auction items specific to this sale, is that a bad thing? Maybe a thread within classifieds for "From the MO Stetson Auction?

Just wondering.

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
NOS = New Old Stock

Meaning never been worn. Sometime you'll see NWT = New With Tags.

I knew this thread might be pushing the "no live auctions" dictum, so there's no links. In my view, the newsworthiness of the event demanded followup. We all wanted to know what was there.

So far, I've identified four sellers with auction stuff (one doesn't indicate in the descriptions, but confirmed when I asked). It's apparent several other members have also found them. I will elect to defer on the hardware and print stuff, because one of our members has planted a stake in most of it, and I'm confident he will be a resource if successful.

Silly idea.

I'm sure all those guys with that size head who'd seen it already wouldn't think the same. Bid away, fellas (not my hat).

Herein lies the problem with auction outing (I know i'm a culprit too. I have resolved to stop). Surely the rule has to be strictly administed or not at all?

bk

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
I appreciate the sentiment...

D.Hats and Marc,

If dibs are called on the Playboy, I'm happy to have the shot at it, but recent evidence shows many of the deep-pocketed seekers are not members of the Lounge, though likely are lurkers. Several of them are fairly new on the scene, as evidenced by their minimal feedback numbers.

I know most of their handles by now, and they'll be on that Playboy like $1 perfume on a $10 hooker.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The easiest thing to do would be to go to the eBay section "clothing/vintage/ men's accessories/ hats" and do a search, using the word "Stetson." That's what I did, and it worked like a charm. You'll find what you're looking for, too, and the Fedora Lounge rules won't be stretched.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
James , I spoke to the auctioneer today . He sold everything down to the metal shelves in the office . There were al ot of people who did come as it was advertised in the local papers .He was very happy with the results. Had I been down there , I would have needed a truck to move out all of the stuff I would have bought!!:cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24