Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Excellent. Now I want one.
Really, I couldn't imagine Stetson never having made a green Strat... but stranger things have happened, right?

I don't know why you think it's strange. What's more, we have seen a couple on ebay over the last year.

HatsEnough

Banned
I probably missed them. I don't often look at hats not my size. Anyway, I don't think it's strange that they had a green Strat. I was saying it would have been strange if they didn't have a green Strat.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Adolphe Menjou with his Stratoliner

Screen%252520shot%2525202011-09-08%252520at%25252012.26.47%252520PM.png

Early unlined Stratoliner

Some first out of the carton photos of my recent auction won Stratoliner. It will benefit from a little steaming - though very clean, the hat seems to have memory of having been worn backwards in another life, or perhaps outfitted with rear pinches? Felt quality is lovely... very, very light and supple. Condition overall is excellent with the exception of the rear seam on the sweatband where the thread is completely missing. Fortunately the chocolate colored bow remains, though the size tag is gone. If I can get this resewn tonight, I think I will take it on my trip to Austin Wednesday - 102 degrees forecast!

If any of you Strat Pack members can decipher Stetson labels and connect this hat with a year, that would be great to hear.

oldstrat1.jpg

oldstrat2.jpg

oldstrat3.jpg

oldstrat4.jpg

oldstrat5.jpg

oldstrat6.jpg

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Some first out of the carton photos of my recent auction won Stratoliner. It will benefit from a little steaming - though very clean, the hat seems to have memory of having been worn backwards in another life, or perhaps outfitted with rear pinches? Felt quality is lovely... very, very light and supple. Condition overall is excellent with the exception of the rear seam on the sweatband where the thread is completely missing. Fortunately the chocolate colored bow remains, though the size tag is gone. If I can get this resewn tonight, I think I will take it on my trip to Austin Wednesday - 102 degrees forecast!

If any of you Strat Pack members can decipher Stetson labels and connect this hat with a year, that would be great to hear.

oldstrat1.jpg

QUOTE]

I like the color and it looks good all around. Nice ctch but if you're coming to Austin this wednesday, I'd wear a Panama Semi-Colado as it's going to be a STEAMY 102 down in Austin, We got to 104 up in DFW today. It's STILL straw weather down here no matter what the calendar says :)

I like the color and it looks good all around. Nice ctch but if you're coming to Austin this wednesday, I'd wear a Panama Semi-Colado as it's going to be a STEAMY 102 down in Austin, We got to 104 up in DFW today. It's STILL straw weather down here no matter what the calendar says :)

Thanks - but I'm fully missing a semi colado... and I have to go just a little bit western on my first trip to TX. I expect much of the time I will be shivering in an air conditioned hotel conference room.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Well I hope ya get out to see Austin as it's a nice city to visit being as it's the state capitol and all. Lot's of good live music of ALL kinds clubs down around the University as well. Enjoy your trip and lets see your slides when ya get back :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari