The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

Discussion in 'Hats' started by RBH, May 13, 2006.

1. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

DRB, Rmccamey and Redfokker like this.
  2. You guys are just killing with these......I would soooo love to find ANY German Stetson in my size let alone one of these Strats..........
    All I can say is WOW!!!
    M

3. Here is a sort of Stratoliner/OR clone.....though much more a Strat.....with the crown blocking and ribbon treatment. It is NOS and simply flawless.....
    Only differance is it only has a 2 1/8 inch brim.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    In real life it is very much a medium grey/ blue.
    Out side the simply awsome heavy gold liner more often associated with the 50's, the sweat and $13.95 price scream mid-sixties.......5 1/2 inch open crown, this one is NOT a factory crease version.....
    20190213_174100.jpg 20190213_173624.jpg 20190213_173640.jpg 20190213_173738.jpg 20190213_173802.jpg

4. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Mark, Thank you! Mayser made these under license.

M Hatman likes this.
  5. ofcoursemyhorse

ofcoursemyhorse Practically Family

PremierStrat.jpg Premierstrat2.jpg Premierstrat3.jpg premierstrat4.jpg

hatsRme, steur, Ross Young and 17 others like this.
  6. alanfgag

alanfgag

In honor of taco shell brim week, I've posted this early edition Stratoliner in the classifieds.

oldstrat11.jpg

7. DRB

DRB One Too Many

I have enjoyed reading your input in an effort to help with his stain. Good stuff. I'm learning here. Tell me what you think of this idea: blending some chalk powdered colors and applying with a q-tip? A temporary fix maybe? I am just dreaming here. You da man. Talcum powder to a white hat?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  8. They would have the same effect of the colored "finishing/filler" powders have that the hat companies use......somewhat to very temporary, depending on how they are worked into the felt. Stetson still uses a LOT of this powder to even out the color on their light grey hats......gets all over any black suits you wear with it and dare to touch with the hat:eek:.....learned that the hard way with my tux:eek::eek:......does have the added benifit of giving a softer hand to the felt though:rolleyes:.
    M;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    DRB and Tukwila like this.
  9. DRB

DRB One Too Many

M: Thanks. Interesting subject.

Tukwila likes this.
  10. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Early 50's O.P.S. tagged Royal Stetson Stratoliner thin ribbon in Peacock green. Thank you very much @BobHufford , I'm loving it already!

Pea5.jpg Pea6.jpg Pea1.jpg Pea2.jpg pea10.jpg Pea11.jpg Pea12.jpg Pea13.jpg

jlee562, alanfgag, Bamaboots and 11 others like this.
  11. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Tukwila and Rmccamey like this.
  12. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey, BobHufford and Tukwila like this.
  13. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Bob and I were talking about a couple of hats and he commented about a greenish cast. I lost track of which hat he was referring to. When I opened the box, I was both surprised and pleased! There are a couple of other Peacocks on the Lounge and one or both were Stetsons made in Germany. Yes, I am pleased with the hat and the unique color. Thanks again @BobHufford

AbbaDatDeHat, Tukwila and BobHufford like this.