Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

RBH

Bartender
Thought I would start a thread with our photos.
Here is mine, the pic does not do it justice. Its a sweet hat...
Hopefully I will get some of it on my head this weekend, if so I will post a few.

hpim00082fj.jpg

Last edited:

MG-B

New in Town
Art Work

strat.jpg

Here's mine after a bit of rehabbing by Art. Not sure the photo does it justice. I suspect this is what they looked like when new. Just waiting to add the pin!

Thanks Art!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Thanks, Sharpetoys!! I really like the traditional Stratoliner look with the narrow ribbon, but wanted to dress this one up a bit. I wish that I would have had the presence of mind to take a few "before" photos. Needless to say, I'm very pleased with the result and Optimo certainly earned another customer in me! :)

ledsled

One of the Regulars
good idea

That's a great idea to post pictures of your hats. That way a newcomer like me can see what the different hat designs are about. Now I see what the fuss is about with the Stratoliner (besides having a cool name).

J.B.

Practically Family
RBH said:
This is me wearing my Stratoliner this afternoon at the lake at Heber Springs.
Believe me these hats are GREAT. Cant wait till I get my pin for it....

Man, RBH... You sure look like you're enjoyin' the life of Riley in that fantastic hat! My dream right now is to someday add either a vintage Whippet or a Stratoliner to my wardrobe!!!

...but at the current eBay prices -- I stand about as much chance as a pound of liver at a cat show! :rolleyes: :D

Oh, but speaking of all things Stratoliner -- check this out...

A Stetson Stratoliner matchbook cover. :p

(I think this would have been more my speed -- but I forgot to bid on it, too?!) :eusa_booh

Saw a Strat go today for all of $32. I didn't bid cuz I snapped up another lid, which looked to be of better quality and in nicer shape, for a buck less, and I must remain mindful of the household budget and limited storage space. (The closet shelves are full already and I have hat boxes stacked up here and there. It's fortunate that the boss lady doesn't object to the look of the old boxes.)
Point is, your Stratoliner is out there, and at a reasonable price, provided you are patient and diligent and don't wear an unusually large size.

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
I'm really glad to see the Stratoliner Society is alive and well...I was getting worried!

Don't want to shoot myself in the foot, but don't forget that there are a lot of other Stratequivalents out there! And some Stetsons that are probably very close, but just don't say "Stratoliner" on the band.

It is a timeless style that goes with almost anything you can wear. Sometimes 5 of them just isn't enough...:D
stratoliners.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
tonyb said:
Point is, your Stratoliner is out there, and at a reasonable price, provided you are patient and diligent and don't wear an unusually large size.
"An unusually large size" These four words are the opening lines to my life long sad song of vintage hat-less sorrow...(picks up harp and plays mournful blues...)lol
Thankfully there is Art. When I get the dough I'm going to order some lids. A Bogie style and a Stratoliner type!

Beautiful hats gentlemen!

ideaguy

One Too Many
Looking for a Stetson Stratoliner

I love the looks of the Stratoliner-and want the Borsalino quality & feel.
Which Borsalino comes the closest to a Strat-I'll supply the narrow band...???
thanks ideaguy

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Looking for a Stetson Stratoliner

My lovely wife gave me a nice gift for Christmas - a charcoal grey Stratoliner. It has no liner, and is stamped "Vita-felt Procesws" on the sweatband.

It has the softest felt I've ever had the pleasure of handling. Even my old Borsalino doesn't come close.

With that, pictuers - after stalling for four months.

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

I now have a tan Stratoliner and this grey one - but the grey is my favorite. I admit I wear it every time I have the opportunity. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot