Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
cool hat.
It looks like it has a lot of interesting details, like the logo crown label (embroidered, no?) and the unreeded sweat.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
cool hat.
It looks like it has a lot of interesting details, like the logo crown label (embroidered, no?) and the unreeded sweat.

Actually, I got such a close-up that the round crown patch looks embroidered, but it's ink stamped on a round label. That label evidently has an adhesive back and is located slightly off-center in the top of the crown.

"Vita-felt process" is stamped into the sweatband, but I couldn't get a decent photo of it.

fastball

New in Town
Looking for a Stetson Stratoliner

My friend and I both buy some hats and he is fortunate to have a smaller head size so he gets some bueaties at a reasonable price. I console myself and my larger head size by reminding him that I just have an enormous brain capacity. He just got a bueatiful stratoliner in mint condition that is a royal deluxe. I had only seen the strat in a royal before and I thought it was the Flagship model that was the deluxe designation. I was wondering if anyone had seen the Stratoliner in a deluxe model before and knew anything about it.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
say- fastball, first off, is this the canadian version of the strat, and if so, are there any differences?

fastball

New in Town
Hi Dinerman,
It is a USA stratoliner,only it is a royal deluxe model which I have not seen before. I don't have the hat, (I will ask my friend if he can post some photos), but it is identical to the usual stratoliner royal version in the sweatband and other markings, except it says Royal deluxe. I think Stetson may have licensed out some production in the past to Montreal, probably Biltmore. There is a big clothing manufacturing industry in Montreal. I used to have a Biltmore-Stetson Open road years ago that I bought in an old hat shop in Vancouver. It was a great hat store that is gone now, so I have to go to Bernie Utz in Seattle. So if anyone knows about Stratoliners in the Royal deluxe model and how they are different from the Flagship models I would be interested.
Fastball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ