Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SUNBODY ASSOCIATION

jpbales

Practically Family
kabuto said:
8-inch brim?! :eek:

hg8b_G_575.jpg

1-inch crown?! :eek:

hgflat_575.jpg

lol

Haha, that's one really wide brim and one really short crown!!! I can't image the expression on my girlfriends face if I were to suprise her with a 1-inch crown sunbody for valentines day lol lol haha it would look something like this: :eek: or like this: :confused: she already thinks I'm goofy enough with my hats

RBH

Bartender
When the time is right you will be ready for a nice panama hat.
But you cant beat the SunBody for a hat that will take most of what you dish out and still look good.

Plus like a good panama these hats darken a little with wear and age. And look really good!
Another thing I like is being able to get the crown height and brim width that I like to work with.

Have you decided on what you are thinking about getting?

jpbales

Practically Family
hhmmm...

I'll probably get the fine fedora w/ wide hat band, and maybe a bound brim to go with it! I've just noticed that none of the fedoras have bows on them. I would probably like a bow. I think that the crown and the brim are big enough to where it can handle a good size ribbon and not look out of proportion.

jpbales

Practically Family
I wanted to get a rough idea in my mind of what it would look like with a black ribbon and brim binding that matched, so I used ms paint to get this, based off of a picture from the Sunbody website (I hope sunbody doesn't mind):

hg3f_F_15band_575.jpg

here's the before pic straight from their website:
hg3f_F_15band_575.jpg

I think it would look nice!

jpbales

Practically Family
ooopppss!

haha it's too late now, I just got a steal off of the 'bay. I got a 3 inch brim fedora, no bound brim, with the regular ribbon (which is OK for me, because I have a bunch of ribbon I've already ordered anyway and I can change it up if I want). The best part is, it was only 18.00$! I couldn't pass that up, not on my budget!

RBH

Bartender
jpbales said:
haha it's too late now, I just got a steal off of the 'bay. I got a 3 inch brim fedora, no bound brim, with the regular ribbon (which is OK for me, because I have a bunch of ribbon I've already ordered anyway and I can change it up if I want). The best part is, it was only 18.00$! I couldn't pass that up, not on my budget!
Good for you!
But I have to tell you after you get one you will want another!!
Be sure to let us in on what you do with it.

Ryan

Familiar Face
Pork Pie / Boater but with telescope crown

I'm liking what I see for the price. They have several sizes for the open crown so my question is how tall should I go in order to get the telescope look. Any suggestions?

portolan

A-List Customer
I just ordered the fedora version

from OFAS for $19 including shipping. Can't beat that! I would love to replace the ribbon, but don't have a clue how to do that. Anyway it should be on its way soon....

RBH

Bartender
Ryan said:
I'm liking what I see for the price. They have several sizes for the open crown so my question is how tall should I go in order to get the telescope look. Any suggestions?
I would think at least the 5 3\4 crown will give you the look you are after.
Good luck!

portolan said:
from OFAS for $19 including shipping. Can't beat that! I would love to replace the ribbon, but don't have a clue how to do that. Anyway it should be on its way soon....
Be sure to update us.

jpbales

Practically Family
i've got a question for anyone with an answer,

"So what if it rains? It'll just soak up water until it gets stiff and shed the rest."-from the Sunbody website

so if it rains, will my noggin stay dry? Sounds like if it soaks up with water, my head will still get wet.
Even if my head does get wet, at least I don't have to worry about the hat getting destroyed!

with that said,
can you use scotguard on the sunbodys to make them more water repellant?
I see the obvious problem with that, being that if it requires water to re-shape, then it will be harder to reshape if it's water repellant.
just wondering!

jpbales

Practically Family
sounds like a good hat in the rain then! that's one of my favorite things about fedoras, and least favorite things about panamas, and now I get something that has the durability of felt but the look and weight of panama for in the summer (which is pretty long here in Georgia).

theprofessor

New in Town
well rbh...

you've sold me. any day now i should receive my crazy gus in a 3.5 brim complete with the cheapest stampede strap they offer. i ordered the regular rather than the II since i figured after a summer on the hobie and the sunfish i can do a sufficient distressing job all on my own. should be here by the weekend!

jpbales

Practically Family
:rage:

:rage: the guy I bought mine on OFAS have just now created a shipping label for mine! After more than a week later! Their 100% positive feedback might just go to 99% if that hat isn't absolutely beyond stellar! Sorry :eek:fftopic: I've been coming home each day anticipating it just to find that it hasn't even been shipped yet.

trailrunner

Familiar Face
I am wanting a straw for summer, and was just at the Sunbody site. They have a 4" open crown on sale that I was thinking of ordering, but I am a little concerned about my bashing options for such a short crown. The shortest crown I have ever personally had was a 4 1/2 inch. I realize that it would have to be shallow, but could I get something like a diamond or teardrop in that crown and still be able to wear it?

*Edited for spelling and cut and paste error:)

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
trailrunner said:
I am wanting a straw for summer, and was just at the Sunbody site. They have a 4" open crown on sale that I was thinking of ordering, but I am a little concerned about my bashing options for such a short crown. The shortest crown I have ever personally had was a 4 1/2 inch. I realize that it would have to be shallow, but could I get something like a diamond or teardrop in that crown and still be able to wear it?

*Edited for spelling and cut and paste error:)
I seriously doubt it. Unless its going to sit on top of your head like a beanie.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21