Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Tattooed Lady

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
What a lovely tattoo, Miss Neecerie! It makes me want to go get another one!

I just got my first tattoo in July. Its a band of stars around my left wrist. I'll have to dig up a picture to post.

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Tattoos

So nice to be in the company of some many beautiful and well tattooed women.
Here are a few of mine..
The first phase of my back piece:
DCFC0336.jpg

The newest ones .. they need lotion
DCFC0334.jpg

The sleeve on my left arm;
DCFC0333.jpg

Most of my work is in this style, I have large garland of Orchids on my chest and portait work on my right arm.. As well as a few other pieces here and there...
I love the history of women and tattoo.. One of my favorite books on the subject is by juno publishing and is called "Bodies of Subversion; A Secret History of Women and Tattoo"
available on amazon here...http://www.amazon.com/Bodies-Subver...2120624?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191710565&sr=8-1

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I took pictures of mine.

hotrod_elf said:
I have a lot. I have two half sleeves. On the right arm I have a family of penguins (symplozies my family) and pink dogwood flowers (being from Georgia),
Rightarm.jpg
[/IMG] on the left I have two japanese charecters that say mother daughter and a red dragon going between them ( the bond between the two) then below that I have five M&M's guys (before they came out with all the commercials).
leftarm.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

original flash tattoo from the 40's.
cat13.jpg
[/IMG]

On my calf I have a Evergren pin-up girl (G rated)
leg.jpg
[/IMG]

On my ankles I a rainbow trout (tribute to my step-dad).
fishhead.jpg
[/IMG]

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Hotrodelf,

I adore your pinup! Classic pinup tattoos have to be one of my favorite things. I plan on getting a celebratory (sp?) tattoo after I graduate beauty school (in about a year) of a classic cowgirl pinup, the ones where she's blowing the smoke off the guns, but I want her to hold blow dryers instead of guns!

That is, I'll get that after the stocking seam tattoos, and fit it into all the other ink I want. So many tattoos....so little time.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I love seeing everyone's tatoos! I like them, but it's not my personal style. I think it would be so hard to pick something meaningful that would last a lifetime!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I kinda like the idea of the breastbone area since its for breast cancer survival. [huh] BTW very pretty

ValerieAmelia said:
My mom, sister, and I decided to all get it seeing as my mom is a breast cancer survivor, we just don't know where yet. Any ideas?

JJF-00635_thumb68.jpg

Warden

One Too Many
Excuse me ladies for adding to your thread, but I saw this article on the BBC and thought it might be of interest to you.

BBC tattoo news report here

Enjoy Harry

Mellorian

New in Town
Wow you ladies have some really amazing pieces, it's making me want to run out and get something done right this instant. As of now I have 11 smallish ones.
While I was growing up my Grandmother always told me that if I ever got a tattoo she would disown me, so my first one was the kanji for bravery on my right hip bone, and the kanji for "causing trouble" as a companion for it on my left hip. The 4 elements are on my inner wrists and ankles, a stylized hourglass on my right outer ankle, a Tibetan Aum on my neck close to my hairline, a tiny stylized dragon on the lower part of my neck, and a clover on the small of my back. Last but not least is my wedding band, my husband and I both do a lot of work with our hands and there's always the concern that our rings will get caught in gears, triggers, or some other inopportune gadget or gizmo, and so the perfect solution for when we have to take our rings off, but still want to let it be known we aren't on the market. Though the drawback for that was some people who didn't know us that work with my husband thought I had passes on. Morbid marines but a logical conclusion I suppose...
All of my tattoos, for me represent an event or person in my life, though the only ones that the placement was important were the elements and the ring. The elements all correspond with the direction they're usually associated with, and I guess the ring would sort of lose its impact if it were somewhere else wouldn't it...

Mellorian

New in Town
Its nice to know we're not the only ones who do that (other that the nutty celebrities of course) Did you get a full band, or just the top done?

Mellorian

New in Town
Just the top for both of us, the artist absolutely flat out refused to go onto the bottom because it tends to feather and she didn't want it to end up looking bad. Did you're husbands do that, b/c if not I'd like to get it redone all the way around.

zaika

One Too Many
Tattoo-stage 2 (aka...I can't handle pain, apparently).

Yeah...Three hours, ending with the record and I wussed out. :eusa_doh:

November 3rd...stage 3...and hopefully the last stage.

P.S. Cindy Kay is my mom. This is a tattoo in memory of her. :D

DSC04736.jpg

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Mellorian said:
Just the top for both of us, the artist absolutely flat out refused to go onto the bottom because it tends to feather and she didn't want it to end up looking bad. Did you're husbands do that, b/c if not I'd like to get it redone all the way around.

He actually has his palm done (OUCH), little beer was involved. It did spread a little. The artist didn't do a very good job on ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL