Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Territory Ahead Leather

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hey OneEyeMan,
A friend of mine had a leather jacket from Territory Ahead; it was very similiar to a Wested's Indy Jacket. Quality was fine but it just reminded me of a "mall jacket", nothing special about it. Their stuff is OK, sort of like LL Bean or Land's End. Don't get me wrong, those 2 retailers pump out some quality stuff. But I would much rather go the route of Aero, LW, GW..........you know the jackets we all talk about here. After looking at their website price wise, one might be better served by skipping over them and spending a little more to go "first class."
Best regards, coffee

Mark

Practically Family
I'v had two leather jackets from them and two bags/packs. I like them, quite different from what you can get here, especially there bags and packs. Quality is good. I'v a nice "full grain naked leather thats been tumbled to a dusty brown" (i'm quoting their burb here) which is particularly nice (i'm selling it if anyone is interested, Size S. Jacket is called Logan Pass). Be careful with the sizing, the reason i'm selling mine is that their S is our M too big for me. Also it is pricey by the time you've paid shipping and tax this end.

apba1166

A-List Customer
I have a pretty rugged shearling vest I got some years ago. I like it. Good quality. Worth it at the 40% or whatever their lowest markdown price of the year is...otherwise not worth it, I don't think. Their stuff does run larger than some other direct mail places. If you are ever in Santa Barbara, the outlet store there has odd sizes and returns, etc. knocked way way down (corduroy sport coat $9)

RockyNomad

Familiar Face
I really like territory ahead but they are pricey, in my opinion. I don't buy unless it's on sale and/or I have a coupon. Do a search because you can usually find an online coupon. I disagree with a post above in that I don't think they are like LL Bean or Land's End at all. They use interesting patterns and textures in their clothing which you don't find a lot in other brands.

Dan Zulu

New in Town
I am happy with my TA jacket

A few years ago I bought one of TA's leather jackets at the outlet store in Santa Barbara. One of the metal snaps on the zipper flap was off, but in the pocket. For this reason the jacket was marked down from $440 to $50.00. They don't have the jacket seconds year round, so I would call before you go there.

I think that the quality is very good, the leather is the nice plush type that I have seen on high end coats in Macy's. After paying only $50 for it I am not afraid to actually wear it out and about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic