Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The TFL Effect

saculer

Familiar Face
You guys got problems! Not me though. All I'm trying to do is find the perfect "Jacket To End All Jackets". I've been through 14 since joining the forum 4 years ago, which I did purely for research purposes. My perfect jacket is out there somewhere. Totally healthy way to spend my time and money. Not sick like you guys...(twitching nervously...thinking "Maybe an Aero Sheene will be the ticket...yeah that's the ticket...or ANOTHER A2)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You guys got problems! Not me though. All I'm trying to do is find the perfect "Jacket To End All Jackets". I've been through 14 since joining the forum 4 years ago, which I did purely for research purposes. My perfect jacket is out there somewhere. Totally healthy way to spend my time and money. Not sick like you guys...(twitching nervously...thinking "Maybe an Aero Sheene will be the ticket...yeah that's the ticket...or ANOTHER A2)

tumblr_oeos7hH4g01so18vqo1_500.gif

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
14 in 4 years...I think you have successfully avoided the TFL effect. ;)
I wonder how many other "silent" Loungers are out there secretly collecting.
I ain’t sayin cause if i start counting or even think about it, i really get pissed off at that guy...you know...that guy??
B

GHT

I'll Lock Up
14 in 4 years...I think you have successfully avoided the TFL effect. ;)
I wonder how many other "silent" Loungers are out there secretly collecting.
Secret? Collecting? What I need to secretly collect is more, much more, wardrobe space. My wife and I live in a five bedroomed house. One room is given over to a guestroom, the other four rooms we divide between us. Here you see just one of the rails that houses a few Aloha shirts. And just to strike a balance, here's one wall of one of her rooms: TFL effect, she invented it, after all, she made my shirts.
tfl shirts 001.JPG shoes 001.JPG

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Were it only the case. The pocket book and hours in the day have me with a 3 jacket rotation. Some have gone on to new owners (all members). I’m in the figuring out what i like stage.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I found a long time ago a thinner shearling in grey... so there is hope. Will certainly post about it when I start looking for it :)

Reactions: Dav

dwilson

A-List Customer
I'm in this post and I don't like it! I'm going to go from having no quality leather jackets to having owned an Iron Heart (sold) and 2x Flat Heads. But I'll probably stop after I get my Flat Head in the mail.

Its a bit self fulfilling as well. TFL comes up very high on google when you search for certain jacket models and manufacturers. So people stumbling onto TFL likely are already interested in leather jackets in general. They sign up, talk to some people and start buying. But chances are they wanted to buy a few jackets anyways.

Hell when trying to study up on my Flat Head cafe racer I found posts from myself 4 years ago on SuFu talking about the jacket that I ended up buying just a few months ago. So turns out I always really liked the jacket. I don't even remember making the posts.

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
I wish this would have been a pinned thread when I stumbled upon this site a few months ago. I lost weight and needed to replace a cafe racer that's nothing special on it's own but I've had it for about 20 years. Seemed reasonable to splurge a little on something I'd hope to be with me for the next 20 years. So the search began. Bought a Belfast jacket and returned it due to sizing and seeing jackets here that looked much more interesting to me. Did more research. Bought a Flat Head and selling it due to size (I swore I thought I could make it work because it's just so gorgeous). I've got saved searches set up for at least a dozen different makers and designs. I'm checking Buyee because... you never know. I don't walk past a thrift shop without at least taking a "peak" inside. A week ago I placed an order with Greg at Field Leathers. And... due to the long wait, I'm considering whether or not I need a jacket to get me from now until when that FL Route 66 comes in.... I can assure you, the TFL effect is real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ