Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The TFL Effect

Yep, we probably have a bit in common.
:)

I just put your inability to sell off jackets to the test lol. If it is too painful let me know but I have been looking for a Highwayman-type jacket and a jacket in this leather— the old two birds, one stone TFL Effect.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I just put your inability to sell off jackets to the test lol. If it is too painful let me know but I have been looking for a Highwayman-type jacket and a jacket in this leather— the old two birds, one stone TFL Effect.

Oh nooooooooo!
[emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
d0a3dc75c8ea80971d0c63f3de7674d3.jpg

Ha, bit close to home..... Herself doesn't quite understand why I "need" more than three guitars when I don't play out any more..... (thuogh I do have to offload a few before I can justify the others I want, sure....).

I don’t have trouble selling if the jacket doesn’t fit. If it’s fits and there is nothing wrong with it but I just don’t wear it often....oh thats agony.

I know I should sell it but maybe I’ll feel like wearing it “one day”, but it’s taking up closet space, but it’s kinda cool but not really me, what if I sell it and regret it one day, it will cost more to replace it but if I do sell it, I can use the $$ towards something I might wear more often....and around it goes.

Is easier if the damn thing just doesn’t fit lol

Funny enough, I don't seem to have a problem getting rid of jackets.... my hoarding problem is I just can't throw out decent stuff if somebody somewhere could use it. Putting it in the bin just feels.... morally wrong.

My worst sin is the Lea Paul I can't bring myself to sell - even though I'm so over that style - because I'll only get a fraction of its cost. Or, more to the point, the demon on my back insists that it, like those two, rare old Japanese guitars, will suddenly be worth a grand ten minutes after I sell it for a quarter of that....

GHT

I'll Lock Up
My worst sin is the Lea Paul I can't bring myself to sell - even though I'm so over that style - because I'll only get a fraction of its cost. Or, more to the point, the demon on my back insists that it, like those two, rare old Japanese guitars, will suddenly be worth a grand ten minutes after I sell it for a quarter of that....
Edward, have you never heard of The Jukebox Fair? The amount of jukeboxes, records, 45's, 78's 33's & LP's, musical instruments, vintage clothing and every conceivable must have is there. It's held at Brighton Racecourse and the next one is at the end of April next year. Take along some good photos of anything that you have for sale, or if you can get someone with a vehicle big enough, take the actual items. There are traders there that will give you a good price for your guitars, jackets and anything else that's worthwhile. http://www.jukeboxfair.co.uk/when-and-where/brighton/
jukebox fair.png

Just be careful that you don't come home with yet more jackets and guitars.

Edward

Bartender
Edward, have you never heard of The Jukebox Fair? The amount of jukeboxes, records, 45's, 78's 33's & LP's, musical instruments, vintage clothing and every conceivable must have is there. It's held at Brighton Racecourse and the next one is at the end of April next year. Take along some good photos of anything that you have for sale, or if you can get someone with a vehicle big enough, take the actual items. There are traders there that will give you a good price for your guitars, jackets and anything else that's worthwhile. http://www.jukeboxfair.co.uk/when-and-where/brighton/
View attachment 137454
Just be careful that you don't come home with yet more jackets and guitars.

Tempting.... I think the reality is with that particular guitar that I'm eventually going to have to accept it's just never going to be worth as much as I'd like to get for it! Worth looking into, though....

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Just re-read this thread from start to finish... sigh... I'm in remission! I haven't bought anything NEW in quite sometime... I picked up 1 used this year and it was very reasonably cheap. However this recent cold spell has me thinking... drooling, gnashing my teefes. My used Pre-War Irvin is now way too big... I've got a D1, ANJ-4, B10 two Barnstormers a 'REAL" Canada Goose parka, Air Force Viet Nam era parka... Thunder Bay... old work Carhardt stuff.... Do I need a B3 or better fitting Irvin? Do I??? Hrrrmmm Henh? Herrrrmmm?

Worf

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Funny enough, I don't seem to have a problem getting rid of jackets.... my hoarding problem is I just can't throw out decent stuff if somebody somewhere could use it. Putting it in the bin just feels.... morally wrong.
I agree with this 100%, I can't throw out stuff that's serviceable. Ideally I try to find someone who will genuinely appreciate and use something I no longer can but that's easier said than done. In any case, I wish there was a support group for undoing "the TFL effect"...

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
My place is proof there's a shortage of people thinking this way...I keep cool vintage stuff...my place is a museum.

It's some kind of recessive Gene or something? do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner