The ultimative Denim Trouser Thread?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by CatsCan, Oct 31, 2020.

1. CatsCan

CatsCan One of the Regulars

I don't know. I like my jeans roomy, wide legged, hight waisted and sturdy. My favourit is and was always Pike Brothers cut in 1940s fit. They are very durable and look good. Their denim is woven in Turkey. All are selvedge and come in 11oz, 15oz and I think the newest are also availlable in 20oz. They develope a very nice blue after the sulfur is gone with many washes over time. I don't call myself a "denim head", I just came back to wearing jeans, since there are some "newer" brands on the market dedicated to get old school jeans right. And when this means using the old ways of producing them and dying them and when this means more work, higher costs, so be it. I am not one of those guys who always try to get things cheaper. This can lead to a downward spiral in everything quality and wages for the workers IMO. This is my new pair. I think it is a tad big on me. But for my usual romp about with my kids group in the woods I like more freedom of movement.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Alexlutov, Edward, JustinW and 2 others like this.
  2. CatsCan

Edward, the name is Lutece MfG. They do have nice old school cuts. If one can live with minor imperfections at seams sometimes, and don't mind the label they sew to the outside on many of their loose cut models, they are indeed quite good. I know many who are very satisfied especially for the prize.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  3. Edward

Edward Bartender

Turkey is where a few brands are made these days; I know that's the source of Freddies' manufacturing. I looked ay PIke in the past, funny enough - a bit more than I wanted to spend on a pair of jeans but very nicely made. The waist seemed a bit on the low side for me, which was the deal-breaker. If they improved that, I'd have another look - though I'd probably buy some of their other trousers at that price. Jeans are what I wear round the house or at the weekend, but if I'm going out they're not often what I reach for anymore unless it's a gig environment where I want something I don't worry about if some eedjit spills a beer or whatever.

That's the one, thanks. I found them to be as good as any of the Freddies I owned, but vastly cheaper.

CatsCan likes this.
  4. Sonero

Sonero Practically Family

Does anyone know if Bravestar or the like make jeans for women ? I can't seem to find information on the subject. I thought maybe custom jeans would be a great gift for Xmas. If not Bravestar then who else could I purchase a gift certificate from to construct jeans for a female friend ?

Thanks

CatsCan likes this.
  5. CatsCan

What a nice idea! I can't help, though. Good luck anyway!

Sonero likes this.
  6. Aerielle Max

Aerielle Max New in Town

Jeans has always been my go-to casual clothing. I even wear it with anything for any occasion.I am happy with how it has evolved!

7. Fishbutcher

Fishbutcher New in Town

Check out Maple store in Newtown ,they have a wide range of Japanese denim.

Edwin Ed 55 are a reasonably priced relaxed fit medium weight pair of jeans.

Seb Lucas and CatsCan like this.
  8. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Does anyone have a lead on something like these?
    B8501084-6E54-41B6-9157-C2E89CD2F004.jpeg
    US Army style or Navy w/o the bell-bottoms.
    I love wearing my military OD trousers, and I’d love some in denim. If there is a place in the US, that’d be a big bonus.

CatsCan likes this.
  9. Sonero

They look baggy like logger jeans. You may want to look at Prison Blues then also Ben Davis. I think the Prison Blues jeans might fit the bill. Good quality too.

10. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

CatsCan and Sonero like this.
  11. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

$439 !?! :eek:

Boyo likes this.
  12. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

CatsCan likes this.
  13. CatsCan

14. CatsCan

15. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Those Engineered Garments look pretty good.
    I found some on Instagram, but long sold-out...
    Not so sure about trimming down the bell-bottom sailor ones.

16. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

17. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

18. Sonero

JustinW likes this.
  19. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

Decent quality stuffs. Better than those sold at some reenactment shops. I only have a few small items tees, shirt, pants etc by Bronson. Materials used are usually quite thick. Doesn't mean they are high quality just more substantial. Never bought their jackets. Jackets seem to have ok review on VLJ.

Sonero likes this.