Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The unknown Sherlock Holmes DVD collection I can no longer find

Naphtali

Practically Family
Several years ago I checked out from the local library a made-for-television Sherlock Holmes DVD collection. On the last DVD was [included] a bonus feature with David Burke (of the first season of Jeremy Brett's series) reprising as Dr. Watson. He was the "guest of honor" at a banquet of the London branch of the Baker Street Irregulars. Included in the feature were interviews with Scotland Yard detectives and pathologists, and a filmed interview of Dr. Conan Doyle - that is, a "talkie."

I cannot remember the actors portraying Holmes and Watson. It was definitely not Jeremy Brett and David Burke or Edward Hardwicke. That's all I can contribute.

Every so often I search for the collection at the library without success. I search the Internet to identify the collection for purchase, again without success.

Anyone who can identify this collection, please reply.

robrinay

One Too Many
Might I suggest that you search on eBay for Sherlock Holmes dvd - in both 'on sale' and 'completed' items worldwide. That way at least you'll cut out the dross that Google throws up.
Also have you tried a google images search for Sherlock Holmes dvd set - another way of netting only relevant items -perhaps you'll recognise the image of 'your' collection.

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I seem to recall that Stewart Granger once played Holmes in a TV-movie version of "Hound of the Baskervilles" or something similar. Does that ring a bell?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner