Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The waiting is the hardest part ....

Bucket

Familiar Face
Going on 8 weeks since I ordered my Aero A2. The wait was tolerable during July and early August, but the night have begun to get a bit chilly and I could now actually use the jacket if I had it. Last word from Aero (about a week ago) was that they were working on the studs ... I can only imagine it must be on the final stage, but then there is shipping to the states, clearing customs and then it need to be shipped across the US to me....

Sorry, just had to get it off my chest... my wife has no sympathy for my situation ... lol

D

Deleted member 16736

8 weeks is nothing. Try ordering a Goodwear. The wait is two years. Enjoy your new jacket.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
The waiting is the hardest part.

I was fortunate that at the time I ordered and then received by Good Wear A-2, the wait time was considerably less. I ordered it in February/March of 2010 and received it in September of the same year.

- Ian

Bucket

Familiar Face
WOW ... 2 years ?????? ... A lot of things can change in 2 years. You are a more patient man than I!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The waiting is the hardest part.

I was fortunate that at the time I ordered and then received by Good Wear A-2, the wait time was considerably less. I ordered it in February/March of 2010 and received it in September of the same year.

- Ian

I just wrote JC to see where I was in the queue.... 70 jackets ahead of me. I'll get my first custom Good Wear (I've 2 used ones) NEXT Fall! Umbreyago!!!!! Dees' are the conditions that prevail!!!!!

Worf

Join the club... I had my Aero on order during July and the wait seemed like no trouble until these past two weeks that it has begun getting colder, so I really wouldn't mind having my jacket on stand-by right now. Luckily, I'm in Europe so shipping shouldn't take too long, but that's actually the toughest part, getting that confirmation mail that the jacket has been shipped and then staring at the DHL tracking page, wondering why the heck isn't the package moving from where ever it is at the moment. Oh, the joy...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The trick is to set a goal beforehand of a certain amount of time before you start thinking about it. For instance, if you have a two month wait, stay off of jacket forums for the first month, find something else to distract you...when the first month is complete, slowly ease into your anticipation. I'd recommend online dating to distract you. Break up right before your new jacket arrives.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My experience with Aero is that when I am informed my jacket is ready, I call Rachel or Christine and give my credit card information over the phone; my jacket is shipped later that same day; and within 3-5 days a DHL truck delivers the jacket to my home. A few weeks later, I receive an invoice and envelope from DHL for the customs charge, which I pay within the week, and everbody is happy. :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
8 weeks is nothing. Try ordering a Goodwear. The wait is two years. Enjoy your new jacket.

I just don't get why you would wait that long....especially now considering you can get the same leather through insurrection and be in the next months production allocation. Is the workmanship through GW THAT much better than Aero? or is it that they offer a particular style of A2 that Aero don't?

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I just don't get why you would wait that long....especially now considering you can get the same leather through insurrection and be in the next months production allocation. Is the workmanship through GW THAT much better than Aero? or is it that they offer a particular style of A2 that Aero don't?

I think that it's as much the authenticity of the patterns and attention to detail (or something along those lines) as it is anything else.

In saying that, two years is a hell of a long time to wait. I love Good Wear, am more than happy to have my A-2 from "them" and think that John Chapman is really super great, but I don't know if I would be willing to wait for 2 years. Like I mentioned above, when I received my jacket, the wait time was 6 months.

- Ian

IXL

One Too Many
I haven't waited that long for a jacket yet, but I do have a rather uncommon handgun, a Heckler and Koch, that took just over three years for delivery. That was a long, long wait. And yes, it was definitely worth it.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I have an Arkansas Made Dozier knife that I ordered on 2/5/13 and the estimated arrival date is 2/5/15. I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I've got Good Wear, Langlitz, Aero and AL. I will say that the GW jackets, particularly my Roughwear A2 is just a cut above the rest. The stitching, hide matching, fit and finish are superb. I wore it today, it was NOS so it still squeaks a bit but around the shoulders and arms where it's just breaking in and creasing? Ahhhh that's the ruddy ticket. Everyone has to decide if 2 years and 15 large is worth it for a jacket... I guess I'll have to find out. My major problem is I started out wanting a "Redskin" B6, now I'm leaning towards an ANJ-4, who knows it may change again in the next 12 months or so.

Worf

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I'd wait 2 years for a Good Wear if I really had the desire for one. I'm not saying I can't imagine myself having the desire for a GW but I just don't have a craving right now. First, a J106 and some cowboy boots... What A-2 style did you get from Aero?

Monitor, I still can't wait to see how your J106 turned out :D

morrison2951

Practically Family
No way that I could wait 2 years for a GW!

I'll just keep rocking my rare HH Vanson Enfield which is IMO the best jacket on the planet!

yes

Brettafett

One Too Many
Double yes, having had both.
My GW should be up in a couple of months. At the time, I thought there was no harm in paying the deposit. I could always change my mind later, but now, I am a few months away and I am grateful I did.
Look at the price increases also, I have not received my jacket yet and its already increased in value!
Aero makes very nice jackets, but getting one with Vicenza, although it would be gorgeous, @ $200 extra.... Mmmmm

But... But GW emulates both shoddy stitching and uneven hide matching of the express made WWII originals, so how can it be better than the other guys? :D

Brettafett

One Too Many
But... But GW emulates both shoddy stitching and uneven hide matching of the express made WWII originals, so how can it be better than the other guys? :D
Only if you want it that way. I am sure if you ask John nicely he will stitch carefully and try match the hides.

That said, its actually true from my experience, I have had both ELC and Aeros that have been put together very neat and tidy.

I have also had, both ELC and Aeros that have had a pocket fall off out of the box, one arm 0.5 inches shorter than the other, offset droopy collar, a label an inch off centre and a 'wet' collar! Yes, the surface area around the collar was 'damp' and within weeks had completely rubbed off. Bizarre stuff. (obv not all the same jacket ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ