Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The waiting is the hardest part ....

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Maybe I got a little excited, but my knee-jerk reaction was "oh great, more 'is a GW really that much better?' debate." Guess there's similar redundancy all over this place!

To the topic at hand: Yeah, 2yrs is a pretty crazy wait time, but Ive actually heard that some guys let their turns pass them by for a while to further lengthen the time. As silly as that might sound. My wait was about 18mos, which was pretty much spent changing my mind over and over and over again about what I wanted. And to me that's about half (or more) of the fun. Like waiting for a ride at Disneyland

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
To the topic at hand: Yeah, 2yrs is a pretty crazy wait time, but Ive actually heard that some guys let their turns pass them by for a while to further lengthen the time. As silly as that might sound. My wait was about 18mos, which was pretty much spent changing my mind over and over and over again about what I wanted. And to me that's about half (or more) of the fun. Like waiting for a ride at Disneyland

These people should perhaps invest their GW money in either therapy or a dominatrix to help get this out of their system, that should shorten the queue nicely...:D

jon11

A-List Customer
That's assuming your shape does not change in 2 years. Don't believe a GW is that much better than say the other notable jacket makers. But everyone to their own if they want to wait that long.

CBI

One Too Many
As an owner of many GW's........ Yep they are totally worth the wait however, they will soon have off the rack models made by the Diamond Dave using John's patterns and leather. Dave's work is spectacular: diamondclothingco.com

That's assuming your shape does not change in 2 years. Don't believe a GW is that much better than say the other notable jacket makers. But everyone to their own if they want to wait that long.

The specs you send in at the time you order Good Wear are not locked in stone. Think of your initial order more as signing up for a place in the que.
Right before he makes your jacket John contacts you to see if you have changed your mind about which contract/leather you want, and to double check your measurements...see if the ones you originally sent him need to be changed.

Last edited:

CBI

One Too Many
Yep, the deposit gets you in line. You can make a millions changes as the time gets closer.

You also have plenty of time to save your pennies to pay the balance.

To answer my question; Economy. Which sucks. Website says it costs the same as Express so why the heck Economy? Only to prolong the suffering...

AdeeC

Practically Family
Just got shipping confirmation for my Aero Real Deal A2. Ordered 20th October or five weeks ago. Waiting times have reduced markedly from Aero.

My previous order from them in early August took 8 weeks and that was from a quoted 4-6 months wait as stated on their website at the time. Now they say 2 to 3 months wait.

What the title says...

Actually, when you finally get that 'your order is ready for dispatch' mail, that's the toughest part. Now it's all down to the courier service and that's never fast enough.

Anyone else got something just a few days away?

Drax

New in Town
What the title says...

Actually, when you finally get that 'your order is ready for dispatch' mail, that's the toughest part. Now it's all down to the courier service and that's never fast enough.

Anyone else got something just a few days away?

As I live in the UK, I've been lucky in the fact that when I've received the "Your order has been despatched " e-mail - it has always arrived before 11-00 the next day.

Doesn't make it any easier though about when you open the box & hope it's what you wanted?:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk