Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The wrist watch.

I see that there is a website for Hamilton Watch Co. Is the the same Hamilton of legend? I remember the watches from WW2 that many men wore for years.
Also, every good car mechanic in the old days wore a Hamilton, at least in my neck of the woods. In other words if I buy one of these watches am I getting a real Hamilton?

No. Hamilton from back then was sold in 1971 to hat was to become Swatch. :doh: Their headquarters in Lancaster, PA was vacated in 1980. Anything made after 1971 isn't that great in my opinion......

tmal

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I seemed to recall something about Hamilton being sold, but could not remember for sure. I figured the good Hamilton s were a thing of the past.

zzzbrod

New in Town
I remember my father had a vintage Gruen in his collection given to him by his father (my grandfather). I had for a few years then later gave it to my older son. It was special. As for me, I prefer my Omega.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Its nice. But I really would like an Omega Speedmaster '57. Classic. :)
th

However, I can't afford one. So bought a Seiko. I like this one, Simple, classic, and looks good.
seiko-mens-sndc33-classic-black-leather-black-chronograph-dial-watch_10264_500.jpg

Last edited:

brendanm720

One of the Regulars
I am incredibly hard on wrist watches, so to keep myself from breaking nice, expensive, beautiful watches, I buy the cheap crappy ones (which end up lasting forever because of irony).

I am currently rocking a Timex T20031 "Easy Reader" watch. It was $25 at Target three years ago. This is my 2nd Timex "Easy Reader"; the previous one lasted for 10 years.

It is, quite possibly, the most boring watch known to man :(

Though, I did change out the band. I hate those stretchy things.

9072998_R_Z001A_UC1223152

The Sky Ranger

New in Town
I'd love to have a Breitling Navitimer, but since I cannot afford one, I bought a nice Casio Edifice. It is no copy so it can be carried without being ashamed. And - it's a man's wrist watch.
My other watch is a more classical style I bought in the 70s, I will show it later.

uhr1.jpg

Talbot

One Too Many
I'd love to have a Breitling Navitimer, but since I cannot afford one, I bought a nice Casio Edifice. It is no copy so it can be carried without being ashamed. And - it's a man's wrist watch.
My other watch is a more classical style I bought in the 70s, I will show it later.

View attachment 36072

Have a look at the Rotary Chronospeed for a good Navitimer likeness. They can be had on eBay for low prices and are a reasonably good quality quartz watch. I bought one 6 years back (only quartz watch I own) and have had good service from it.

Rotary also did a quartz Reverso homage a few years back, (I think called the Revelation) but have since updated the style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points