Thedi in Red!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

That is a great looking jacket! And I really like the fit

red devil likes this.
  2. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

The quintessential example of a genuinely stellar jacket that I personally do not have the huevos to wear. Well done @red devil -- congrats!

red devil likes this.
  3. marker2037

marker2037 A-List Customer

This is such an incredible jacket. I love how rich that red looks! Perfect execution from Thedi!

red devil likes this.
  4. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

What is fine art?

Subjective answer
    Not easily defined,
    ...your jacket.

red devil likes this.
  5. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

congrats RD, looks very special like secret max level tier armor in RPG you unlock after defeating final demon boss to wear for the second time campaign, fits just right , and I also love the hem line and the cap of the snap too
    so this will fade to dark with wear?

Mrfrown and red devil like this.
  6. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Yes, I think it will get darker with use, we will see. It is my current "to go" jacket" :)

Marc mndt, navetsea and Berto like this.
  7. Edward

Edward Bartender

Very nice indeed. It has the perfect look of a European motorcycle jacket from the 20s, with that red colour giving it a sense of having been a pro-racer's jacket. The basic design reminds me of a lot of German jacket's I've seen from that era. Similar to the RadJacke Aero had at a time (which was, in turn, based on a German original that Jon Lever owned, I believe), though I don't know how many of those got made as it was first put out towards the end of the Will Lauder era and I think Ken had reservations about the pattern used. It's not on the Aero site now.

This would also look great in a sort of petrol blue. Really nods to the style of an era when motorcycle racing was both more romantic and even more deadly than it remains today. Enjoy!

Mrfrown, red devil and Marc mndt like this.
  8. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

@red devil I really like how you experiment with different styles and different colors. And you pull it off too! A lot of us are already happy and feel like we've achieved something if we're able to get a good fit on a brown halfbelt or black d pocket and look cool in it.

Your jacket collection is next level and this is a great addition to it. Within your already great collection, I think this is one of your best.

Benny Holiday and red devil like this.
  9. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Thanks! I really enjoy thinking of new combinations, maybe even more than I enjoy wearing them... which I definitely do! This hobby is a lot of fun, but to be perfectly honest most of the credit for this one goes to Theo, he really killed it!

Now I need the weather to a bit more clement so that I can age it on the motorcycle, it can only look better with use :D

Benny Holiday, Marc mndt and Berto like this.
  10. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

Surely your are thinking in your next project with Theo :)

Enjoy it.

red devil likes this.
  11. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

I certainly can't deny this :D

Berto likes this.
  12. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

So, luckily the weather opened up a bit and I was there to take advantage of it, so here are some fit pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was trying to take different positions to show how comnfortable the fit is

[​IMG]

Feels, like I could go for a run or train in this jacket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This jacket gives tremendous range of motion, it feels like I could do all sorts of athletics with it. The only thing that stopped me from moving too much while taking these pics were the boots lol

I have yet to try it on the motorbike, although from what I feel so far it should be perfect.

13. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

Late here, but I need to chime in: Absolutely killing it!!!

red devil likes this.
  14. willyto

willyto One Too Many

That’s a fantastic jacket!

I do miss the second row of buttons though. The only thing that I’m not a fan of is the branded snaps. I prefer them unbranded myself.

Amazing fit and the leather is beautiful.

I wouldn’t mind owning one myself.

Carlos840 and red devil like this.
  15. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Thedi also offers one with a double row. 094757E4-E15D-4C9D-B730-FAD2EE10FC8E.jpeg

16. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I prefer it without the second row of buttons- looks more modern and moto. It goes better with the shoulder and elbow patches IMO.

17. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

I actually hesitated between mine and this one. Chose mine as I ride and it it more of a racing/MC jacket

Edited for clarity

Marc mndt likes this.
  18. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

What was it you ride again? Ducati? KTM?

Perfect jacket. Another home run. I’m almost getting tired of saying it. You certainly have an eye and creative flair that is...controlled. Not overdone. It’s there and obvious, but not in your face. If that makes sense. This is a killer jacket.

19. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

At the moment I ride a 2019 KTM Superduke R

[​IMG]

Although this jacket is making me want a red bike lol

I make sure to listen to the makers, they tend to let me know when I go too far :)

20. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Yes, KTM. I recall now. Beautiful bike. I ride my RK like hell on wheels. Lord knows what I’ll do on something like this. Wait, I know from my youth...nothing safe lol.

Yes, listening and to a certain extent trusting the maker is part of it. But one has to listen and trust. You seem to do that while still pushing certain boundaries. I bet you have made certain decisions not 100 percent aligned with a maker, and when the finished product is presented even they say well effin done.

red devil likes this.