Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi MTC141159-5

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
It's been a good week...

Thedi Leathers MTC141159-5
Size XL
Cognac brown waxed cowhide, 1.2-1.3mm
Universal brass zipper
Olive cotton lining.

Ordered 2/27/17, delivered 6/8/17.

05d5ba8dbcbd3754fa1d077aca55a36d.jpg

52452216a39ca0a60af94ae6de3f06b6.jpg

30ba35320cc2a12f35ed3aaff0e30eb9.jpg

a1fe94acc517dfb06475fc76ba51c3a2.jpg

58fd1274268ad078a6fd9d1c24dba1e6.jpg

258078e430fad913d69cc195d6d72d04.jpg

89ddaf9522753bfdef174f4d7eab5f59.jpg

fae2bf678f9a90de4125c40063ff4dbc.jpg

So this is the first Thedi I've handled in person, and so far it does not disappoint. It seems Thedi sizing runs small, normally I wear L not XL. But I sent Theodoros my measurements, and he made it for me, so it's a bit strange to see a size tag on at all. It's a very good fit, I would describe it as "glove like".

Last edited:
It's all wrong Guppy, I'll tell you what, send me your PayPal address so I can make this right for you.
Seriously, my jaw just hit the floor. This is so cool I don't even have the adjectives to describe it. Fit is perfect, when it rains it pours and you seem to be in the midst of a hurricane!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
It's a very interesting design. Most D pockets force a compromise in that the left hand warmer pocket cannot coexist, but by raising the D pocket to chest level, there's room for both.

The leather is incredibly supple, and wearing it feels more like I'm wearing a silk smoking jacket than a leather jacket. It's very comfortable immediately.

I love it.

Last edited:
It's a very interesting design. Most D pockets force a compromise in that the left hand warmer pocket cannot coexist, but by raising the D pocket to chest level, there's room for both.

The leather is incredibly supple, and wearing it feels more like I'm wearing a silk smoking jacket that leather. It's very comfortable immediately.

I love it.
Did you order this guy thru TB or go direct?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Did you order this guy thru TB or go direct?
I went direct. Theodoros was pretty good about responding to emails in a reasonable amount of time. His English is not perfect, but perfectly serviceable, and he answered all my questions patiently and completely.

He was apparently in a minor motorcycle accident in April, and since then he has been a bit less timely in responding to questions, and I imagine that he has been backlogged a bit with production, but at the time I placed my order with him, he was saying about 60 days to turn around an order. It ended up taking a bit over a month longer than that, but it was worth the wait.

Well worth it man. Looks absolutely outstanding. Thedi does some really great work and I agree, the jackets are a joy to wear.

Fonzie

One Too Many
... and this exact one will be my next jacket. :)

Is the interior pocket also shaped like a gun inside or is it actually functional?

Well done Guppy, you've outdone yourself with this one!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
... and this exact one will be my next jacket. :)

Is the interior pocket also shaped like a gun inside or is it actually functional?

Well done Guppy, you've outdone yourself with this one!
It's a full pocket. The leather gun shape is just reinforcing. It may be difficult to see, but there's a slot for a pen, next to the main pocket, too.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Really really nice jacket, one of my favorite as shown in the Thedi thread.

Theodoros has also nail the fit, congrats!

I'm curious what is the price of this jacket ?

Prices seems to be quite the enigma for Thedi jackets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner