Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Them Dukes them Dukes!

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
I am not sure if they really made peanuts. I think they continue to make money off the show through syndication. No matter what they made while making the show they still make money just because it is shown on TV everytime it is shown.
Yes, I forgot syndication!

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I just want to know how many more classic 1969 Dodge Chargers had to die needlessly so this movie could be made. What a waste. Also, I noticed that they have made an effort NOT to show the confederate flag painted in the top of the car in any of the trailers!

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
It's a retarded arguement about a something that was on the television that was supposed to be entertainment, not a cause to rally.

Well, there may not be much we can do, but we have to do all we can. Let's send them a message: "If you don't clean it up, we're not going to see it." Maybe a kick in their pocketbook will get their attention.

It's not just this flick that needs to be cleaned up.

Hondo

One Too Many
"Ya all save your money, Catherine Bach was nice, really nothing special about her, then again it was just a series on TV, I'll save my bucks skip it and stick with my memoies of Bach and the General Lee, this new flick is just for the dumb younger crowds :p

Hondo

One Too Many
Biltmore Bob said:
Oh, Catherine Bach waaas special, very special indeed....

As far as the Rebel Flag is concerned...Grow up!!!
It's a southern thing.

I think there was a misunderstanding, typo error on my part, sorry to burst your bubble, this wasn't a "rebel flag" thing/thread.
I indeed loved Catherine Bach, (which is why I said "memories") and still do, so much so that I met her early this year, she is far better than this Simpson girl, accept my apologies.

Bach2005.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Apparently the movie did well dollar-wise this weekend. It seems the "hype" machine work well. Critics have been giving it bad reviews but people seem to like it. I hear Simpson is not in it much and the film captures the feeling of the series. I wonder if the hype can survive the week...

I am not spending $10 bucks on this thing but if anyone sees it, give us a review.

I can wait for it to show on cable.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Dukes II

Looks like it did well enough for a sequel to be considered. I read today that they plan on setting it in London. Good grief!

Reminds me that back in the late 1970s, when I heard they were making "Smokey and The Bandit II," I wanted them to have Bandit trying to outrun/outwit East German spies on the Autobahn. Instead, we got them hauling a pregnant elephant. I like my idea better, genre-bending though it is.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot