Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Theme song

Chas

One Too Many
[yOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZOrkPIZ1JU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_GB&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZOrkPIZ1JU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_GB&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
There's a song recorded by Ted Weems and his orchestra (I don't know who originally wrote the song) that never fails to make me smile when I hear it come on the internet radio station I listen to at work (Cladrite).

It's a silly little song called "Chick, Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken....Lay A Little Egg For Me." lol

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Keep on the sunny side - by the Carter family always makes me feel chipper. Or 'night and day' seems to be popular in my house at the moment. I'm having a cole porter week this week as my son has decided he likes 'that funny old music' at long last, so i'm going for it!

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
'Ballin' The Jack' by Jelly Roll Morton and Artie Shaw's 'Nightmare' are great favourites of mine.

More modern (though still slightly related)

'Belleville Rendez-Vous' by Benoît Charest

And the 'U96 theme' by Klaus Doldinger is great for embarking on an adventure!

Foofoogal

Banned
I thought you meant favorite General Electric commercial songs. Was trying hard to remember if I ever knew one. lol

I love Shake it up baby and my all time favorite skating song. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JywK_5bT8z0

Still cannot believe it is from a comic book. I zip back to the 6th grade in an instant and zipping around the skating rink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKh0dLIuIu8
Like this one also for waking up at anytime.

and of course this Summers hit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JV74i4yvcA
for the one person who just crawled out from under a rock and has not heard it..

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Tonite, for some reason, walking home from work, I started obsessively humming/singing Don & Dewey's "Koko Joe":

"He don't have a tail like the other monkeys do
It's trimmed and it's swayed and he dyed it blue
Koko Joe, let me tell 'bout a-Koko Joe
Koko Joe, the coolest little monkey in town"

Stoopid song, but it's Friday so that's poetry!

In recent weeks, my (mental) stepping out soundtrack (that I remember) has included:
"Lost On The River" - Hank Williams
"She Don't Care About Time" - The Byrds
"Cool Water" - Sons Of The Pioneers
"Oh, Look At That Baby" - The Tune Wranglers
"Serenade To A Poodle" - Slim Gaillard
"Mental Revenge" - Flying Burrito Brothers

Yes, I know, it's a worrying selection to be humming in public, esp as I've even caught meself doing the whistling bits on Slim's masterful slice of tomfoolery (and chuckling afterwards) - moicy!

Kishtu

Practically Family
The Small is currently going through a Bon Jovi phase (he's 9 weeks old he'll grow out of it) so every day begins with "Livin on a Prayer" - he likes the wa-ooh ah-ooh bits :eusa_doh:

Poisonally, Django Reinhardt's "Charleston" followed by Fairport Convention's "Woodworm Swing" - two tracks that were MADE for each other....

Edward

Bartender
Kishtu said:
The Small is currently going through a Bon Jovi phase (he's 9 weeks old he'll grow out of it) so every day begins with "Livin on a Prayer" - he likes the wa-ooh ah-ooh bits :eusa_doh:

I was a fan of that for ten minutes when it came out, back in the day. It got played once in the familial car. For twenty seconds. Dad's comment was simply "Noise." in tones of utter distaste; my mother suggested it sounded like "someone being sick". The older I get, the surer I am that they were absolutely right.

Recently I have been thinking over Positively Fourth Street with a rueful smile.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
On a Clash note (they make me happy...), my current theme song is somewhat vintage in attitude: Mick Jones' Carbon/Silicon's "The News."

"Good morning, here's the news, and all of it is good. Good evening, here's the news, and all of it is good. And the weather's good!"

It's happiness.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Kishtu said:

This song has been going through a resurgence in the nightclub/bar-mitzvah party/karaoke circuits. The kids, and 'older' kids, love it. I think the high notes get everyone's blood boiling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy