Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

They call me the Wanderer...

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Stetson 3XB Wanderer-style

...with mode edge, though. 5.75" x 2 7/8" and 11 L ribbon

Stetson-3XBWanderer-stylelate40s-early50s.jpg

P1040896.jpg

P1040894.jpg

P1040897.jpg

P1040891.jpg

Last edited:

hogtied

New in Town
"Blue Smoke" now that's what I'm talkin' 'out! Love those blue and purple colored lids.
I've got a dark purple Thoroughbred Pedigree moleskin finish from the 30's. It's my favorite hat. Can't post pics yet, I'm too new to the forum.

"Blue Smoke" now that's what I'm talkin' 'out! Love those blue and purple colored lids.
I've got a dark purple Thoroughbred Pedigree moleskin finish from the 30's. It's my favorite hat. Can't post pics yet, I'm too new to the forum.

New to the forum ONLY relates to Private Messaging. You can post photos from the start, just need to use a photo hosting site like Photobucket & IMG tags in the links.
Welcome...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I love the dimensions and features of the Stetson Wanderer. To date, I have never held an actual vintage Wanderer. As I suspect the odds of me locating a vintage fedora in my size is very small, I have asked the master craftsman Art Fawcett to work up his inspired versions of the Stetson Wanderer for me to wear.

I would like to add my Stetson inspired VS Wanderers to the other grand fedoras of thisthread.

IMG_4873-M.jpg

Top to bottom: Granite, silverbelly and dove color felts.

Wandering the fields and metro proudly in my Wanderer's. Best, Eric -

phebus

One of the Regulars
Hogtied, PLEASE post pics of that thoroughbred! I recently got a gray one, most likely from the 60's. Would love to see more.

Thanks Eric. I don't know that we've ever seen a Stetson Wanderer, though it does seem that one existed.

E-50900118.jpg

Your collection of VS hats is marvelous.

jimjr

New in Town
You fellas are killing this newbe. Every time I come here to lurk I leave wanting something new. This site and a thin wallet are not a good match. Fantastic hats gentlemen.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice Tom. That color is spectacular and I'll bet the hand of that felt is out of this world!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Introducing the Stetson Wanderer!

OK, a Wanderer clone. I thought I’d reopen an old thread and maybe generate some more interest.

And, I’ll have to credit @TJones for this one. A while back he mentioned the Wanderer and how it was similar to many of the thin ribbons but carried a 1 inch, mid-width ribbon. I had just acquired a new-to-me 60’s vintage Stetson Twenty Five OR that needed some TLC, so I sent it to Hat Master, Art Fawcett. Art did the cleanup, re-creased the hat in a Hank Williams fedora/western style, and installed the tone-on-tone 1-inch ribbon to match the hat and brim binding. TaDa – a Wanderer. Maybe not an exact duplicate, but I hope it meets with your approval!

Other than my westerns, this is the largest hat I own. It has a 2 7/8 inch brim and a 5 inch finished crown (which is probably 6 inches or slightly more open crown). A nice hand; similar to my 50’s OR and Strat but with a slightly thicker/heavier felt.

And if any of you come across a real Stetson Wanderer, please keep me in mind :)

Stetson Wanderer.jpg New251.jpg New252.jpg Stet_25_4.jpg Stet_25_5.jpg Wand25r3.jpg Wand25r4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24