Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Thirty Things that Need to Stage a Comeback"

VintageBee

One of the Regulars
Lizzie mentioned #1 real, local radio

We have one here in my hometown-they support the local businesses, have local news, weather, sports, have a mobile truck that attends special events, goes to local businesses for "coffee", where they talk about what the business does, talks to the employees and customers, brings coffee, ect.
The reason I DON'T listen to them? They play 'pop' music....Can. Not. Stand. It!!

Foxer55

A-List Customer
I'd appreciate bringing back women who are women. Let me define that: graceful, pleasant, haute couture, coiffed, minimal make-up, dresses, heels, and a feminine figure - no dumpy sweats and scraggly hair. And...men who are men. Let me define that: gentlemen, well spoken, well read, jacket, tie, polished shoes, and a solid handshake.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
A few years ago we had a disastrous ice storm up here that knocked out power for people for days. I had a constant stream of people coming in to use my phone -- evidently I'm the only one in the neighborhood who has a real, proper copper-wire phone line that works when the power goes out. Since that event I've mounted a rotary wall phone on my front porch so that the next time this happens the neighbors can make thier emergency calls without bothering me.

One begs to ask, has that designated phone been used since, for its intended purpose?

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd appreciate bringing back women who are women. Let me define that: graceful, pleasant, haute couture, coiffed, minimal make-up, dresses, heels, and a feminine figure - no dumpy sweats and scraggly hair. And...men who are men. Let me define that: gentlemen, well spoken, well read, jacket, tie, polished shoes, and a solid handshake.

Indeed, sir. Those solid handshakes are becoming hard to find.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Cars and motorcycles that aren't run and controlled by computers. Good luck fixing a cracked circuit board in the middle of nowhere. I only own machines which give me a direct connection to them and allow me to fix them on the side of the road with an adjustable wrench and some improvisation. It dropped my jaw when my Mom told me her truck stopped working, then was fixed for only $500 for a new computer chip. We have turned marvels of machining and engineering into soulless computer operated garbage.

For that matter, lets bring back the motor one could stare at and admire. Look under a modern hood and you see a plastic cover; look under the hood of a classic car (the older the better) and you see the multimetaled multicolored soul of a machine which you could watch in action. I smile whenever I see fuel going through a glass bowl and toward a carburetor. Modern cars aren't made to take pride in or last and its a shame.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Cars and motorcycles that aren't run and controlled by computers. Good luck fixing a cracked circuit board in the middle of nowhere. I only own machines which give me a direct connection to them and allow me to fix them on the side of the road with an adjustable wrench and some improvisation. It dropped my jaw when my Mom told me her truck stopped working, then was fixed for only $500 for a new computer chip. We have turned marvels of machining and engineering into soulless computer operated garbage.

For that matter, lets bring back the motor one could stare at and admire. Look under a modern hood and you see a plastic cover; look under the hood of a classic car (the older the better) and you see the multimetaled multicolored soul of a machine which you could watch in action. I smile whenever I see fuel going through a glass bowl and toward a carburetor. Modern cars aren't made to take pride in or last and its a shame.
You sir have brought a tear to my eyes.
Sheer poetry. :eusa_clap

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You sir have brought a tear to my eyes.
Sheer poetry. :eusa_clap

It is a given that anything with a Carb and old school is much easier to fix. I've seem my Husband go about nuts working on "electronic" ignition and control systems. You can use the "code" detection today, but what does it really tell you? A wire could be grounding out and you get a code 52 and think it is a sensor when it was the short.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner