Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is all Superfluous' fault ;-)

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I know, I know it's been more than a year since I posted something on the lounge, sorry, life is quite hetic...

But I have a good reason to come back!

In 2018, Craig aka @Superfluous posted a new Cross-zip by RMC in wool with leather trims.
I like the concept a lot but it is RMC, meaning it's pricey and I can't customize the size...

In october, I wanted to buy a new jacket (I haven't since my B3) and didn't know what kind of jacket I wanted and I had enough leather jackets (don't throw stones at me, I know you can't have enough jackets in your closet) then I remembered Craig's post.

So I decided on a cross zip in wool.

Naturally I talk to Holly at Aero and she put Sam in the loop (my usual contact for all my Aero jackets) for this little project of mine.

So we talk measurements, the fit, the materials...

And this is what we come up with :

- Hooch Hauler
- Navy Melton Wool with navy vicenza trims
- Navy thread
- Leather : top collar, facings, halfbelt and pocket welts
- Brass antique hardware
- Buchanan blue tartan for the lining (to go with my scraf from Lochcarron)

I was quite excited to see the result...

And today I get it, the Hooch Hauler is stunning and of course the fit is superb.
I will let you judge the final result :

bf923b3d200dca4f0b82df19ff504b26.jpg

c4ca691b3e048724ed0e60250d79d6ba.jpg

4c0ee472ebbadf1df7f9aa3571add9dd.jpg

3b2acae8a1e1e4f2d5e20ff34d24a11e.jpg

13b962049abe332408540318ed8dc82d.jpg

b56898e30abea51b483ca4d0595e90ba.jpg

c2cc67340af71356a231c8b11f8173f3.jpg

5ade66bbf17b68e07d65ea77ac9e0ed8.jpg

Wow, best looking wool version of a typically leather jacket that I have seen...ever. Looks perfect, as is the fit.

And welcome back, even though you never truly left.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Can’t stop eyeballing this. Brilliant application of the midnight blue. Man I seriously want this jacket. It’s PERFECT! First thing I’ve seen in a long while that made me say “WOW!”

Same!

Ton, let’s do a shortcut to the Primo HWM stunt: You order your Hoch Hauler, make everybody’s mouths water - then pass it on to me... (the sibling to your blue HWM is still my favourite jacket in quite a big collection).

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Can’t stop eyeballing this. Brilliant application of the midnight blue. Man I seriously want this jacket. It’s PERFECT! First thing I’ve seen in a long while that made me say “WOW!”

I was sure it would catch your eye!
This is not midnight blue chromexcel but navy Vicenza.

Last edited:

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's beautiful. Love the navy leather especially. Would switch to leather cuffs if I ever order one though. Would struggle with the choice of lining too. Whether a red contrast or a matching blue like yours. The back is stunning. Better than any of the Japanese repros I have ever seen.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Outstanding in every respect!!! A triumph of design and fit.

I have one suggestion: ask Aero to give you a royalty for every sale of this new design, because they are sure to sell many more in the next few months. In fact, Aero should name this jacket the “Speedy” in your honor.

Happy holidays @SpeedRcrX — this is a great gift to yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko