Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Half Windsor or, for me, the knot gets to fat.

And I have to say a word of agreement with you on your casement window choice: I love them. They intelligently scoop air into a room and look architecturally interesting. I had them in an apartment I rented several years ago and absolutely loved them.

N.B., the worst ever windows are those stupid side-to-side opening windows where, even if you open them a crack, it can rain in and you can't buy a simply shade for them because almost all shade are made for up-and-down opening windows. I had those for a few years in a rental and hated them - still hate them to this day.

Pocket doors or French doors?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
^^^^^
Depends, polo style tennis shirts I wear out playing tennis
otherwise a Poloshirt tucked in when not playing sports.

There’s something about shirts sticking out which
doesn’t look or feel right for me especially if wearing
a coat or jacket & going out in public.
At home doing yard-work it’s worn out.

When going out in public & not to work....
Casual sneakers/tennis shoes regardless of what you are wearing a la Mr. Howard Hughes?

or

Shoes that you feel match the clothes you are wearing?

Last edited:
^^^^^
Depends, polo style tennis shirts I wear out playing tennis
otherwise a Poloshirt tucked in when not playing sports.

There’s something about shirts sticking out which
doesn’t look or feel right for me especially if wearing
a coat or jacket & going out in public.
At home doing yard-work it’s worn out.

When going out in public & not to work....
Casual sneakers/tennis shoes regardless of what you are wearing a la Mr. Howard Hughes?

or

Shoes that you feel match the clothes you are wearing?

Shoes that match, but since most of my outfits are jeans or chino based, casual sneakers (Vans or Chuck Taylors -both of which I wear regularly) work. But if I do where something nicer, I'll up the shoe game as, otherwise - to me - it feels off.

Slip on Vans or lace-up Chuck Taylors?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Shoes that match, but since most of my outfits are jeans or chino based, casual sneakers (Vans or Chuck Taylors -both of which I wear regularly) work. But if I do where something nicer, I'll up the shoe game as, otherwise - to me - it feels off.

Slip on Vans or lace-up Chuck Taylors?

Both...
Lace-up for riding my vintage bike!
mbimc1.jpg

Slip-on when I plan to attack the yard!
otlr3q.jpg

Crew collar or V-neck tee shirts?

Last edited:
Crew.

I have this tuft of chest hair that no one needs to see...

Turtleneck or mock turtleneck?

Turtleneck - a timeless classic; whereas, the mock has an in-sometimes-out-sometimes fashion cycle to it that leaves me cold. Somewhere in the '90s, every other NFL announcer seemed to wear the mock turtleneck under their sport coat to reflect an of-the-moment cool.

Herringbone, Houndstooth or Glen plaid?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Turtleneck - a timeless classic; whereas, the mock has an in-sometimes-out-sometimes fashion cycle to it that leaves me cold. Somewhere in the '90s, every other NFL announcer seemed to wear the mock turtleneck under their sport coat to reflect an of-the-moment cool.

Herringbone, Houndstooth or Glen plaid?

Houndstooth.

It’s Friday Special combo of “This or That”!

Brand new or new “distressed" jeans ?
and
Button-fly or zipper?

Out of order:

Button-fly, in my heaven, all pants are button fly.

As to new vs. distressed, I like my jeans modestly pre-washed (or whatever they do) so that they aren't the stiff, give-off-blue-for-the-first-ten-washes jeans I had as a kid, but I have no interest in the "distressed" ripped, torn, frayed, "designer" jeans one sees in stores today. I just want to be able to put them on and enjoy them without having to wash them a bunch of times.

Tan (ivory) jeans or tradition blue jeans in the summer?

Mine was poorly worded, I was trying to say do you prefer side tabs on trousers which means a pair of pants requires neither a belt nor a pair of suspenders.

I like the fishtail waist band.

Second hand of a watch set off in a small circle of its own on the face of the watch or anchored to the center of the face and about the same size as the minutes hand?

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I see what you mean. Furniture made of birch was generally built up of solids, even when it was finished "in perfect imitation of polished mahogany", whereas Red Gum was used as veneer, and cheap veneered furniture does not stand up to the vicissitudes of time any better than does beaver board.

Wall hung. Makes cleaning easier

Claw foot or pedestal bath tub?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats