Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Iu

The dish was invented at Brennans by their famous Chef Paul in 1950 or 1951. It has long been the specialty of the house. "Breakfast at Brennan's" is as much a staple of the New Orleans tourist experience as Poulet Bon Femme at Antoines, or vomiting in the gutter on Bourbon Street.

Oh, and for This or That:

Is this the 17th of April or the 107th of January?

Sure feels like the 107th of January.

Zoos or aquariums?

Wash down all the way. I know you are in the business. Id like to hear your opinion, and why.

Wire feed welder or acetylene gas welding?

Wire feed (mig). Acetylene gas welding is nearly a lost art. Used mostly for braizing these days.

Acetylene or Mapp gas for torch cutting?

Plasma cutting used to be such a big deal. Now a portable rig can be had for about what a Lincoln 225 used to sell for. So, such a damn hard question to answer with broad perameters.

Band saw.

Sand or soda blasting?

Plasma cutting used to be such a big deal. Now a portable rig can be had for about what a Lincoln 225 used to sell for. So, such a damn hard question to answer with broad perameters.

Band saw.

Sand or soda blasting?
Well, I hear good things about soda blasting, but have never done it. So I guess sand blasting is my answer. If you have done it, I'd ike to hear about its benefits.

Car paint: Enamel or laquer?

Looks as if we chimed in at the same time. Again :D

Brick. Marble is too classy for me [emoji14]

Crown moulding or no?

Funny, and agree on brick. What's odd, we had a not-fancy rental once that had a marble surround, all our other FPs have been brick as is the one in the apartment we now own.

I'm a pre-war architecture guy, which usually means, exposed beams, picture railing but not crown molding (there are plenty of exceptions though), so I'll go with no (but it really is a room-by-room call).

Drop ceiling to embedded lighting like "top hats" or just hand lighting down and keep ceiling height?

Edit add: when we bought our 1928 apartment, it had crown molding that had been added in somewhere along the line. With a little research, we discovered that, originally, there wasn't any crown molding. Hence, we took it all out (amidst some gasps from some), but the rooms look so much better now - they feel less fussy, more natural. But that was just our experience in this one apartment. With original exposed beams and picture railing, the rooms don't look austere.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto