Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Monterey Jack or Jack London? :p

I'm assuming we are still talking about edible things. Monterey Jack. lol ;)

I had a very hard time getting through a Jack London novel in school, but I liked visiting his interesting watering hole in Oakland. :)

mn-heinolds01_ph_498538336.jpg

I wish I could have had a drink with him.

The one I'd like to find is People of the Abyss (1903) which is about Jack London's own experiences among the down and out in London's East End. The best part of it are the photos of the East End of the period.

Last edited:
I'm assuming we are still talking about edible things. Monterey Jack. lol ;)

I had a very hard time getting through a Jack London novel in school, but I liked visiting his interesting watering hole in Oakland. :)

mn-heinolds01_ph_498538336.jpg

I wish I could have had a drink with him.

Jack London was a local oyster pirate around here before he became a famous author. He was not exactly a loved person in his own time. :p
I have been there. It looks pretty tumbled down. :p
Having a drink with him definitely meant you would have been paying. lol

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Jack London was a local oyster pirate around here before he became a famous author. He was not exactly a loved person in his own time. :p
I have been there. It looks pretty tumbled down. :p
Having a drink with him definitely meant you would have been paying. lol

Isn't it supposed to be? How can it be worse than when I saw it last? lol

Did not know about him being a oyster pirate. It makes him sound kind of sexy and dangerous. lol

Just as long as he doesn't order the most expensive thing on the menu, I don't mind buying! lol

Isn't it supposed to be? How can it be worse than when I saw it last? lol

Did not know about him being a oyster pirate. It makes him sound kind of sexy and dangerous. lol

Just as long as he doesn't order the most expensive thing on the menu, I don't mind buying! lol

True. It looks the same likely. :p

Oysters are dirty and stinky work. I doubt that. :p

Oh, knowing him, he would. :D

Moe Bandy or Joe Stampley?

[video=youtube;LkFVBzW6DDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkFVBzW6DDM&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;hEbDWXBKJDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEbDWXBKJDA&feature=related[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy