Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Those heavy duty bullet stopping woolley overcoats of yesteryear!! (pics)

Military Greatcoats

The military greatcoats are often well made and are a utilitarian item. Thye are not considered a dress over coat of course but are warm and long lasting in construction perfect for outdoors and casual circumstances in a Bohemian style perhaps.

The Great Escape

I remember that in "The Great Escape" book it mentions that the prisoners had tailors that would scrape the wool , re-die it, and redesign their military uniforms and such to create more civilian styled clothing. If you are ambitious and creative you could make alterations, too.

Happy Stroller

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
That is what I like. Thick wool! Not the flimsy stuff you see today. It reminds me of a sheepskin jacket I have. It is about 4 inches thick and weighs about 20 lbs!
===================== End of quote ======================
Actually, I might consider the light-weight plastic winter jacket, if only they could design them to be as long in length and with a similar style. I guess give them another year or two and my wish would be granted.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John in Covina said:
I remember that in "The Great Escape" book it mentions that the prisoners had tailors that would scrape the wool , re-die it, and redesign their military uniforms and such to create more civilian styled clothing. If you are ambitious and creative you could make alterations, too.

Yeah, but where am I going to get all the resources those lucky guys in the prison camps had? :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails