Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Spier & Mackay suede?

marker2037

Practically Family
I have TONS of experience buying from Spier & Mackay. All of my suits, sportscoats, dress pants, linen, khakis, winter overcoats (Polo and duffel coats) and the majority of my button down shirts are from them. So yea, they dominate my closet for sure. They are fantastic for the price and unbeatable in the affordable classic menswear section, while still maintaining desirable details and good craftsmanship at great prices.

You can't go wrong with them, so if you're feeling that jacket then I would jump on it. I don't own that jacket or any similar model, but I would bet it's high quality as well.

dep126

Familiar Face
Thanks marker2037, it’s what I was hoping to hear. Think I’m gonna pull the trigger. Are they pretty good with returns? I’m right on the edge of a 46 fitting and they don’t appear to offer anything larger.

Edward

Bartender
Can't comment wrt the bran as I have no experience of it. The jacket in the photo looks great, though - nice change from the suede, zip-up quasi-MA1 style you more often see ime.

Pandemic

One Too Many
It’s a nice copy of the Valstarino jacket.

Almost all of my work clothes are S&M. I’ve given them thousands of dollars over the past 7 years.

They ‘borrow’ from the designs of some high end lines and produce cheaply in China. In many cases, the materials used are excellent, though not always. The full range of sizing is fantastic (I’m a 38L, 32 Contemporary and 15.5ESF).

The biggest complaint I have is inconsistency with sizing and poor QC. The good news is that returns aren’t too difficult. If you order one, take your time once you receive it looking it over for flaws, carefully check the measurements against the size chart and try it on without removing any tags.

This is their first foray into leather jackets and I have yet to see any reviews, but it definitely looks nice in the promo shots.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting to see such positive impressions of Spier & Mackay. I always assumed they were yet another one of those fly-by-night podcast-hawked brands.

marker2037

Practically Family
Interesting to see such positive impressions of Spier & Mackay. I always assumed they were yet another one of those fly-by-night podcast-hawked brands.
Nah, they seem like they would fit in that category, but they are really the opposite of brands like Indochino/Suit Supply, etc. outside of still having similar pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ