Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three Treasures from One Hole

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
On vacation, week before last, I stopped into a vintage clothing shop in Blue Ridge, Georgia. In the past year, I had found two hats there, so it was worth mining. I hit the mother lode.

A Resistol Homburg, in new condition, exactly as blocked at the factory. It was missing some tags, but still had the gold, "You have Just Purchased the Most Comfortable Hat Made," card.

P1040098.jpg

I don't usually like the straight across front brim (Godfather II), but I have several Homburgs, so I decided not to turn this one up on the sides.

P1040105.jpg

A Borsalino with narrow ribbon and wind trolley, mink (brown) in color.

P1040099.jpg

I had to use three felt strips to reduce it from 7 3/8 to 7 1/8. But I'm pleased.

P1040103.jpg

And finally, A "DENARD HAT Custom Made by DeNardo Bros." Sold by Mike's Hat Shop, 29 Southern Ave., Pittsburgh, PA.

P1040097.jpg

I took it apart, cleaned it, shaped it, reduced the sweatband to fit my head, and put it all back together.

P1040100.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, it resembles a Stetson Whippett.

P1040102.jpg

Total cost? Including a Knox octagonal hatbox, a pair of shoes for my wife, and sales tax, $100 (and a few pennies)!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
well done J.T., The three look fantastic! I love the shape of the Borsalino and the color of the Denard:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
The Borsalino alone is worth over double what you paid for all three. Don't you love it when you find a hidden treasure. They all look great on you.

fedoralover

Duck

Practically Family
Wow, what a find!!!!!

All three are very nice, but that Denard is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Fantastic bargain.

I especially like the "DENARD HAT Custom Made by DeNardo Bros." You did a marvelous job cleaning it. The colors are very fresh and the texture contrast between the felt and the trim is very nice.

You look very distinguished in the Homburg. Expect to be called "Sir" whenever you wear it.

duggap

Banned
You, Sir, need to run out and get you some lottery tickets. Or did you just win the hat lottery. What a snag. If you ever get tired of the felt shims in the Borso, PM me and we can talk a trade or sale. That's how much I like that one. Well done, now take a day off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats