Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Shop - 'Vintage Edition'

mummyjohn

Familiar Face
It's hard to have avoided - surely nigh impossible on a college campus - this thoroughly modern though quite catchy song "Thrift Shop," which extols the virtues of, as the title implies, hunting for nifty finds at your local thrift store. But it gets even better! Take a listen to what these performers call the "grandpa version." No, it's not because it's old and staid like some people's granddads, but because it's how this upbeat tune would've sounded in your grandpa's heyday (not to mention the obvious allusion to the fact that grandfathers are referenced repeatedly in the original song). The band's stellar, and the gal's pretty easy on the eyes too.

[video=youtube;4Cnm0tdkJEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cnm0tdkJEU[/video]

Metatron

One Too Many
This version is great! Tbh I'm surprised the original hasn't been mentioned here before, it's a song that shares our ethos!
'No for real - ask your grandpa - can I have his hand-me-downs? '

I have had this tune stuck in my head for days, now. A co-worker mentioned that he had never heard me singing a new song before. Another co-worker said, that the song describes my life, specifically, I believe he said "I'll wear your granddad's clothes? Come on! That's Tom." lol

mummyjohn

Familiar Face
Which, contrary to my normal views on the evils of censorship, actually works here - the lyrical changes go with the style of their performance, and some of them are pretty clever.

306118_10151433608791738_2087964459_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland