Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thursday Boot Company - Full Review

Update - got these puppies broken in now! And it was easy. Note how they shine up, with just a little polish and water.
After you have tried the rest, come up to the best...Thursday Boots!
P1020712.jpg
P1020709.jpg
Damn you! I do not need another source for great boots!

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
If you are like me, you don't wear boots. Period. I was looking for a good pair of military style flight boots, but they were all cut so that my foot simply would not go in.
The Thursday boots are the first that I could actually get on my foot. No less than 4 other brands were tried, all without success.
Now that these are broken in, they are quite comfortable. And they look good with any attire you like.
These will be worn primarily when flying the Mustang, with full flight gear.

I was impressed enough with these, that I felt some of you might like to know about this company as well.
Please pardon me if this sounds like an ad. But, I'm just sharing my personal experience, for what it's worth.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
No hate intended. I was just reading through the thread and the way you said things made me read your posts like an infomercial due :D

The boots do look pretty decent for the price I will say. Better than the Gustin offering at least.

If you are like me, you don't wear boots. Period. I was looking for a good pair of military style flight boots, but they were all cut so that my foot simply would not go in.
The Thursday boots are the first that I could actually get on my foot. No less than 4 other brands were tried, all without success.
Now that these are broken in, they are quite comfortable. And they look good with any attire you like.
These will be worn primarily when flying the Mustang, with full flight gear.

I was impressed enough with these, that I felt some of you might like to know about this company as well.
Please pardon me if this sounds like an ad. But, I'm just sharing my personal experience, for what it's worth.
Thank you, I am a boot lover, pretty much all I wear (on my feet). I had never heard of them previously, they look great and the price is amazing.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
No hate intended. I was just reading through the thread and the way you said things made me read your posts like an infomercial due :D

The boots do look pretty decent for the price I will say. Better than the Gustin offering at least.

Perhaps I'm guilty of gushing a bit over these. But you are correct in that they are decent for the price. Boots of this quality should sell for far more than $199.

No "hate" taken! I'm glad all of us have a good sense of humor.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps I'm guilty of gushing a bit over these. But you are correct in that they are decent for the price. Boots of this quality should sell for far more than $199.

You are right about that. People may scoff at 'Made in Mexico,' but that's like scoffing at MiM tequila... Or nearly so considering Mexico's boot history. $199 for MiM boots is a steal.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family

I must admit the "hand crafted in small batches by Mexican Artisans" line did make me smile a little too.

Glad you are happy and always good to see a good write up and photos from any lesser known vendor.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I must admit the "hand crafted in small batches by Mexican Artisans" line did make me smile a little too.

Glad you are happy and always good to see a good write up and photos from any lesser known vendor.

Leon, Mexico, is the leather footwear capital of Latin America, and the cowboy boot capital of the world. This is where the Thursday boots are made.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Leon, Mexico, is the leather footwear capital of Latin America, and the cowboy boot capital of the world. This is where the Thursday boots are made.

Oh for sure, you mentioned that before too.

It was just the phrasing of that, it read a little like something from a 'Marketing 101' handbook.

As said, a good write up.

rmconner80

Familiar Face
I received a pair of Scouts yesterday in brown. Now I am certainly no expert, but they looked fantastic and felt way more comfortable on my feet than I expected, but alas they were a bit too big. I sized down my order but did not size down enough, so they are going back this afternoon. I have already ordered their replacements in a smaller size and hopefully will have them soon. I'll post back when I do.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
My size is 10D. A size 10 was ordered. Perfect fit.

The Thursday website states their boots are all a wide fit, like a D size. As stated, these are the only boots that would go on my foot, after trying no less than four brands. But I do have a high instep. The people at Thursday were responsive in answering pre-purchase questions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points