Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Plumbline

One Too Many
I had a bootlegger in seal goat some years ago .. it was a bit light for on the bike TBH. The goat was superb but I always sort of associated it with G-1's etc. the plus side was it didn't need any break in at all and was VERY weatherproof.

It's a smashing jacket in CXL ... and a GREAT M/C jacket without being a M/C jacket ( if you know what I mean) ... but takes an age to get broken in.

I love the bootlegger / detroit style .... possibly my favourite jackets ..... great examples Carrie and very different outcomes for the same jacket :)

Edward

Bartender
I've got a FQHH bootlegger in Cordovan, which was my first new Aero. Still a real favourite. The goat looks fantastic, though.... I could see me one day ordering one up in that, for Summer wear.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Octagon is back in stock at Vanson! Give us a call at (206) 550-3545 and we'll get you going with a Vanson fit jacket for your custom Octagon build!

www.thurston-bros.com

Vanson octagon model b.jpg

Attachments

• Vanson Octagon Enfield 3.jpg
    Vanson Octagon Enfield 3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 345

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Any other photos of that custom Aero Hudson? How's the sleeve width compared to a regular 30s HB?

GregO

One of the Regulars
Hi GregO,

Yes...that's the Battered Steer...it's spectacular! We wish more people would order it!

How does it compare in weight/thickness to the Vicenza horsehide? I've heard its substantially lighter in weight than the regular CXL steer. All the pictures I've seen of the battered steer look great.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
How does it compare in weight/thickness to the Vicenza horsehide? I've heard its substantially lighter in weight than the regular CXL steer. All the pictures I've seen of the battered steer look great.

Hi GregO,

The Battered Steer is about the same weight as the Italian Vicenza...so, definitely lighter than Aero's CXL hides...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24