Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We're open today, 12-6pm! Don't forget to stop on by to try on some excellent leather jackets!

www.thurston-bros.com

Teo 1 Year out 3.JPG

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Carrie, would you happen to have measurements on a standard sz 42 1920s work coat? Also, can it be made with a black Melton lining?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, would you happen to have measurements on a standard sz 42 1920s work coat? Also, can it be made with a black Melton lining?

Hi Jagernaut,

The 42 Premium Work Coat measures 23.5" pit-to-pit and 18.75" shoulder-to-shoulder. It can be made with the Black Melton lining, but, if you do the jacket in Vicenza Horsehide, you may want to add some contrast to the overall look with a brown-ish liner...

Aero 1920s Work Coat Black Italian 4 smaller version.jpg

Aero 1920s Work Coat Black Italian 3 smaller version.jpg

Aero 1920s Work Coat Black Italian 1 smaller version.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We've already started filling up our February production batch for Aero, so if you'd like to get a fit jacket for your custom order, just give us a call at (206) 550-3545 to start the custom process! We're at the shop today from 12pm-6pm if you'd like to stop by to browse our jacket selection or get fitted for a custom order...

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Cafe' Racer customer.jpg

achee

New in Town
My Custom Board Racer

Hello all, I recently purchased an Aero from Thurston bros and thought I'd show it off here. It's a little bit different from most of the other jackets here. I decided to get a Board Racer but have it set up like a J-100 but with a D Pocket. Wanted a pocket large enough for my iPhone 6plus. I think it turned out very nice. Maybe I should have gotten it a size larger because it's a bit snug if I wear it with a sweater underneath but it fits nicely with just a t-shirt. Hopefully it will stretch out a bit. That or I need to lose some weight...

I like the leather a lot. This one is in the seal brown Vicenza horse hide. I've owned a Himel Heron in Shinki horsehide. The feel about the same when new in terms of stiffness so I expect this will soften quick a bit. The Vicenza has less sheen then the Shinki though. Both are very nice leather. The Shinki was in a darker brown and the wear areas would wear to a light brown color (because of the way the dye was applied). I was told by Carrie that the Vicenza would wear a bit different and fade in a different way from the Shinki. We'll see about that.

IMG_5079_zps150ec32c.jpg

IMG_5077_zpsd2188cd7.jpg

IMG_5078_zps7f953893.jpg

IMG_5074_zpsb131b0b5.jpg

Andrew

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WOW! That is really nice and you've nailed the fit. Would love to see some photos in slightly better light so we can see more details of the D pocket. Did Buco ever produce a jacket like this or is it your own idea?

achee

New in Town
WOW! That is really nice and you've nailed the fit. Would love to see some photos in slightly better light so we can see more details of the D pocket. Did Buco ever produce a jacket like this or is it your own idea?

Buco never produced a jacket like this as far as I know. I wanted some way to carry a large phone and I've seen a few other jackets with a center zipper and a D pocket so I thought I'd ask for this.

Here's a closer picture of the D Pocket.

C5D574C3-1A51-45EF-9C9E-F38BA428B33D_zpsjy5mbp4p.jpg

Andrew

Last edited:
achee, you stole my idea!!! Okay, AL idea... :D

I LOVE it! D-pocket is insanely useful even - or especially - today.

technovox

One Too Many
Beautiful Jacket! I'm really liking the Board Racer more and more- especially with the J-100 Buco back treatment.
And I found your comparison with the Shinki very informative and on the mark as to the differences I've noticed between the two horsehides. You can't go wrong with the new Italian Horsehide- it's gorgeous stuff and will break in nicely! That's a good looking choice of jacket and leather.

I think in the long run you'll be glad you went with a tighter fit. From what I've read these are traditionally more "Shirt" jacket types of design and not the one you want for layering.
Just curious- what lining did you go with?

achee

New in Town
Beautiful Jacket! I'm really liking the Board Racer more and more- especially with the J-100 Buco back treatment.
And I found your comparison with the Shinki very informative and on the mark as to the differences I've noticed between the two horsehides. You can't go wrong with the new Italian Horsehide- it's gorgeous stuff and will break in nicely! That's a good looking choice of jacket and leather.

I think in the long run you'll be glad you went with a tighter fit. From what I've read these are traditionally more "Shirt" jacket types of design and not the one you want for layering.
Just curious- what lining did you go with?

Here's a pic of the lining. It's one of the Lochcarron plaids. Don't remember which one exactly.

B4796ADD-F1B5-4AAA-9E60-1B0C447A0585_zps5ccg0nu9.jpg

Andrew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay