Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Eric Harper

New in Town
That's my jacket! I can't wait till I get it. I wanted the j107 but it seemed to bulky. I liked the board racer fit which the ridley is built on. So I was told I could make the ridley look like the 107. Looks awesome can't wait!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That's my jacket! I can't wait till I get it. I wanted the j107 but it seemed to bulky. I liked the board racer fit which the ridley is built on. So I was told I could make the ridley look like the 107. Looks awesome can't wait!

Nice custom job. Well done for your first time here. Please provide fit pics if you can so we can drool over your creation.

Worf

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
It's great to see these jackets on their new owners! Here's a beautiful customized Aero Two-Tone J106 in Black and Brown CXL FQHH...

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Two-Tone J106 CXL FQHH tag.jpg

Aero Two-Tone J106 CXL FQHH front.JPG

Aero Two-Tone J106 CXL FQHH back.JPG

Aero Two-Tone J106 CXL FQHH belt back.JPG

Aero Two-Tone J106 CXL FQHH lining.JPG

Damo

A-List Customer
This version of the Ridley doesn't have the front panel or the double side cinches...it has a regular kidney panel and belt loops (like the J107) for the matching belt. The J107 does have epaulets, but that feature wasn't added to this Ridley. Basically, this is a slim fit version of the J107!

I didn't know know that the ridley is a slimmer fit than the j107. is not possible to have a j107 tapered down at the waist so it would be just as slim as the ridley or am i missing something? Is the leather on the ridley thinner than a j107 or is it whatever the customer selects? Also does the top flaps of the lapel on the ridley haven hidden snaps to get them down when riding? Thx

Last edited:

Damo

A-List Customer

Eric, well done that is one superb looking creation!!

Eric Harper

New in Town
I didn't know know that the ridley is a slimmer fit than the j107. is not possible to have a j107 tapered down at the waist so it would be just as slim as the ridley or am i missing something? Is the leather on the ridley thinner than a j107 or is it whatever the customer selects? Also does the top flaps of the lapel on the ridley haven hidden snaps to get them down when riding? Thx

I was told that the 107 pattern could not be slimed down to the specs of the Ridley. The Ridley pattern from what I am told is the same in terms of slim specs to the board racer and maybe the same as the Sheene. I was told that I could not get a slim 107, but I could make the Ridley look like a 107. The leather should be whatever you want. I chose the FQHH and it should be the same thickness I would assume as any other jacket with the same leather. As for the top lapels, I ordered no snaps don't know if they do hidden ones or not.

Thanks for the compliment Damo!

Damo

A-List Customer
I was told that the 107 pattern could not be slimed down to the specs of the Ridley. The Ridley pattern from what I am told is the same in terms of slim specs to the board racer and maybe the same as the Sheene. I was told that I could not get a slim 107, but I could make the Ridley look like a 107. The leather should be whatever you want. I chose the FQHH and it should be the same thickness I would assume as any other jacket with the same leather. As for the top lapels, I ordered no snaps don't know if they do hidden ones or not.

Thanks for the compliment Damo!

Your welcome, I'm eagerly awaiting fit pics. Did you go thru the fit jacket process? If so was it the ridley that was used for it?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Aero Sunburst is one of our most popular half belt styles...you can custom order matching thread, or subtle to dramatic contrast stitching, depending on how much you want to highlight the six-panel back piece!

If you'd like to get fitted for this style, or any of Aero's half belt jackets, contact us at info@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom order. To learn more about our custom ordering process, click through to this page on our website: Ordering a Custom Aero

Aero Sunburst front 1.jpg

Aero Sunburst back 1.jpg

Aero Sunburst tag shot.jpg

Damo

A-List Customer
For fitting for the j107 they sent me a j106. For fitting for the Ridley they sent me a Board Racer.

Thx. So you tried the 106 and it wasn't slim enough so then you were able to go the board racer ultimately ridley way? That's great to know they offered these options to you.

Eric Harper

New in Town
Thx. So you tried the 106 and it wasn't slim enough so then you were able to go the board racer ultimately ridley way? That's great to know they offered these options to you.

Both Carrie and my girlfriend who gifted me the jacket were very patient with me through the whole process. Carrie's communication and patience should be rewarded.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We have had so many nice jackets coming in lately that we have a backlog of photos--here are four beauties at once!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Zip-Sleeve Highwayman in Brown CXL FQHH

Aero Zip-Sleeve Highwayman CXL Brown FQHH tag.JPG

Aero Zip-Sleeve Highwayman CXL Brown FQHH front.jpg

Aero Sonoma Cafe' Racer with Buco tag in Black CXL FQHH

Aero Cafe' Racer Buco tag CXL Black FQHH.JPG

Aero Cafe' Racer Buco tag CXL Black FQHH front.JPG

Aero Sheene in Brown CXL FQHH

Aero Sheene CXL Brown FQHH tag.JPG

Aero Sheene CXL Brown FQHH front.JPG

Aero Cafe' Racer in Brown CXL FQHH

Aero Cafe' Racer CXL Brown FQHH tag.JPG