Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
If I were to order a Dustbowl for my husband as a gift, what would be the best way to make sure I got the fit correct for him? Just order his regular suit jacket size? Or should I surreptitiously measure him? :)

Usually people order the Dustbowl in their suit size; however, it's best to get someone's height and weight for checks and balances. Give us a call at 206-550-3545 and we'll make sure he not only gets the right size, but the right sleeve and body length as well! We'll also want to make sure that he gets the right hide, color, liner, hardware, and other options to make this a really awesome gift...

schitzo

Suspended
Hey, aren't you Yanks getting your Aeros much earlier than us in the UK!? And Aero's British!

(Apologies for "Yanks". I am one, long ago.)

SJ

yes, they bloody well are! I've been thinking the same thing myself. I guess, overall they're probably buying much more than us. Still, that aint any kind of consolation for you and me. Hmm, wouldn't it be great if there was a shop like this in London that could fast track orders. 6 months is a long old time and Christ knows how many times I'm gonna change my mind during the wait!

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
yes, they bloody well are! I've been thinking the same thing myself. I guess, overall they're probably buying much more than us. Still, that aint any kind of consolation for you and me. Hmm, wouldn't it be great if there was a shop like this in London that could fast track orders. 6 months is a long old time and Christ knows how many times I'm gonna change my mind during the wait!

We should stage a sit-in. In our leathers.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Hey, aren't you Yanks getting your Aeros much earlier than us in the UK!? And Aero's British!

SJ

I remember that -- in the late, unlamented VAT thread -- Holly said their smallest market, by far, was the UK with the biggest being the U.S., Germany and Japan. I'd be willing to bet that Ken Taurus in Germany, like Thurston Bros. here, has a set number of production slots each month. Other stockists probably have the same arrangement.

But hey, you guys in the UK can take a road trip to Galashiels any time you want, so all's fair!

Dude59

New in Town
I don't know how you guys wait so long. I ordered from Insurrection at the beginning of last month for the May production, and I am continuously checking my email and the forums for updates and its only just May 1st. If I am this bad waiting a month or two, there's no way I would make it 4-6 months. As we all know, Americans want what the want, and they want it now. ;)

wdw

One Too Many
But hey, you guys in the UK can take a road trip to Galashiels any time you want, so all's fair!

The UK wait time is definitely painful, so we need to forward plan. I placed an order recently for an autumn delivery, but at least Aero don't charge you until production, so that gives us months to save up for it. Next month deliveries are just the thing of dreams for us. :(

Jonst

New in Town
Am I the only Brit who, whenever Carrie posts about there being a number of production slots left for a given month, starts shouting at the screen hoping that they aren't all filled, to allow us Brits to edge up the queue a bit! No offence Carrie!

What's needed is a UK Fedora Lounge buying group with 2-3 slots a month.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Am I the only Brit who, whenever Carrie posts about there being a number of production slots left for a given month, starts shouting at the screen hoping that they aren't all filled, to allow us Brits to edge up the queue a bit! No offence Carrie!

Not a bad idea. I'm sure it will be more than that.

wild_balls

Practically Family

As I seem to be the only SWEDE here, I couldn't agree more, given that I will be included!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate

SJ

The UK wait time is definitely painful, so we need to forward plan. I placed an order recently for an autumn delivery, but at least Aero don't charge you until production, so that gives us months to save up for it. Next month deliveries are just the thing of dreams for us. :(

As I seem to be the only SWEDE here, I couldn't agree more, given that I will be included!

Every Aero retailer, whether that's the Aero front office, Rocker Speed Shop in France, Riders Room in Germany, Aero Leathers Japan, etc., has a monthly production allotment to serve their region's customer base. For North America, Insurrection/Thurston Bros. works to get their Aero customers custom orders in an expeditious fashion (1-2 months), fit guarantee, repair/alteration/warranty services, and customs brokering!

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Every Aero retailer, whether that's the Aero front office, Rocker Speed Shop in France, Riders Room in Germany, Aero Leathers Japan, etc., has a monthly production allotment to serve their region's customer base. For North America, Insurrection/Thurston Bros. works to get their Aero customers custom orders in an expeditious fashion (1-2 months), fit guarantee, repair/alteration/warranty services, and customs brokering!

I want to start a Brixton production allotment so I can receive my latest Aero in expeditious fashion. (Wink!) SJ

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Vanson Model B, Competition Weight leather, chrome-tanned with hand-waxed finish

VansonModelBfront4011_zps69690b0a.jpg

VansonModelBback4012_zpsb2dfc19d.jpg

VansonHouseModelBTagdetail_zpsa7f49016.jpg

Here's the Vanson Model B in an incredible brown. Really beautiful color!

VansonOctagon_zpscd228edb.jpg

Vansonoctagonmodelb_zpsfc038b45.jpg

VansonOctagon1_zps72f74bf3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80