Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Only FIVE custom Aero production slots are still available for May! Call 206-550-3545 to order today!

Aero Shackleton Vest

Also, Thurston Bros. / Insurrection has a large stock of off-the-rack Aero jackets for sale! At any given time, we have a large selection of Aero Cafe' Racers, 1930s Half Belts, Maxwells, J106s, and J107s, both in C/X horsehide and C/X steerhide. Below are just a few examples of jackets that arrived this week...ready to ship to out!

Size 42 Aero Cafe' Racer
Black C/X FQHH
27.0" Body
26.75" Sleeve
Black drill liner
No interior pockets
$1099.99 USD, FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
*We also have these in size 38, 40, and 44 brown and black C/X FQHH and C/X Steerhide (Some have a left interior pocket with zipper closure)

AeroCafeRacerFront_zps0a1b173e.jpg

AeroCafeRacerBack_zps0fa3e478.jpg

AeroCafeRacerTagDetail_zpsd1818af1.jpg

Size 38 Aero 1930s Slimfit Half Belt
Black C/X Steerhide
24.75" Body
26.25" Sleeve
Capercaillie tartan liner
Interior pockets: left vertical with snap closure and right vertical with zipper closure
$1099.99 USD, FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
*We also have these in size 40, 42, and 44 brown and black C/X FQHH and C/X Steerhide

Aero1930sHalfBeltSteerhideBlack_zpscf77dcbf.jpg

Black1930sHalfBeltBlackAeroSteerhide_zps89b55e68.jpg

1930sAerotagcapercaillie38_zps9922a5f3.jpg

1930szipperpocketcapercaillie_zpsa203133c.jpg

1930ssnappocketcapercaillie_zpsc0f073a7.jpg

Last edited:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm going to have to get a Shackleton. That's probably the coolest piece of clothing I've seen in years.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really wish you would stop posting pics Carrie....its making it harder and harder to resist that Teamster that calls to me at night....

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi Carrie, I know its been a massive fortnight
with Aero gear, but is there any news yet on Vanson Chopper?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
JACKET OF THE WEEK FOR SALE--

Aero Maxwell Size 38, Brown FQHH, Royal Stuart tartan liner, leather-lined cuffs, left side vertical interior pocket with snap closure, brown corduroy pocket linings, 3" brown corduroy on inside bottom hem, brass side buckles, and throat latch. 25" back length, 26.25" sleeve length.

$1,099.99 USD; free worldwide shipping!

Absolutely beautiful!

StuartMaxwellAeroFront11_zps849c312e.jpg

AeroStuartMaxwellBrownFQHHback11_zps81e8d2a5.jpg

AeroStuartMaxwellTagBrownFQHH11_zpse820e986.jpg

Ross817

New in Town
Aero/Schott/Vanson Cafe Racer????

All,

I'm new to the boards, and have been extremely impressed with the vast amount of knowledge here. Unfortunately my own detective work and searches have only added to my questions, thus I'm reaching out here for a little help. If this question has been asked a million times (Im sure it has) my apologies in advance!!!

Bottom line is I am looking for a quality cafe racer in an antique brown. HH preferable but CH is fine too.

My body type is a a bit of a problem. I workout and have what I guess would be called an athletic build. My chest measures around 42 and my waist (jean size) is around 30-32 and Im about 5'9-10". Any suit I purchase always needs to have a fair bit taken in in the waist. In looking at jackets online I worry about different cuts in a 42 chest being too boxy looking in the waist.

Second dilemma I have is the bi swing back. I currently have a vintage Schott that measures 20" pit to pit. Its quite snug and overall i like the way it fits although i can barely zip it up, but I live in Texas and mainly wear it to look cool. What i dislike about it is the long bi swing back (from shoulders to lower back) it kind of pooches out. I like the Aero cafe racer type bi swing, or none at all for that matter.

Basically, out of the Aero Cafe Racer, Schott 141/641, and Vanson offerings at Insurrection. What would be the trimmest with the least amount of " bi swing pooch?

Again I appreciate any opinions, questions, concerns or comments.

Thanks,

-Ross

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Vanson I think. I have bought a couple of their jackets, great leather quakity, but very snug, and made that way fir riders. No hh with Vanson, and brown is hard to come by. My Schott 141 suits my build, as it is cut generously, and might not suit your build. They do cherry and a brown in a more fitted version in cowhide, or black only hh. The aero looks superb, comes in brown. The insurrection/ thurston guys are almost scientific when itcomes to racers. Carrie and wade will have the answers you seek! Otherwise, try Langlitz, goat and cow only, service magnifique, and product to match, or Johnson leathers who will build anything from scratch for you. Enjoy.

Insurrection/ThurstonBros

Sponsoring Affiliate
All,

I'm new to the boards, and have been extremely impressed with the vast amount of knowledge here. Unfortunately my own detective work and searches have only added to my questions, thus I'm reaching out here for a little help. If this question has been asked a million times (Im sure it has) my apologies in advance!!!

Bottom line is I am looking for a quality cafe racer in an antique brown. HH preferable but CH is fine too.

My body type is a a bit of a problem. I workout and have what I guess would be called an athletic build. My chest measures around 42 and my waist (jean size) is around 30-32 and Im about 5'9-10". Any suit I purchase always needs to have a fair bit taken in in the waist. In looking at jackets online I worry about different cuts in a 42 chest being too boxy looking in the waist.

Second dilemma I have is the bi swing back. I currently have a vintage Schott that measures 20" pit to pit. Its quite snug and overall i like the way it fits although i can barely zip it up, but I live in Texas and mainly wear it to look cool. What i dislike about it is the long bi swing back (from shoulders to lower back) it kind of pooches out. I like the Aero cafe racer type bi swing, or none at all for that matter.

Basically, out of the Aero Cafe Racer, Schott 141/641, and Vanson offerings at Insurrection. What would be the trimmest with the least amount of " bi swing pooch?

Again I appreciate any opinions, questions, concerns or comments.

Thanks,

-Ross

Ross,

For someone with your proportions, the best bet is going to be an Aero Sonoma Cafe' Racer (with or without shoulder gussets) or a Vanson PLU-3. Each of these jackets has a very small waist proportional to the chest/shoulders. A further piece of information that would be very helpful in fitting you would be your weight...believe it or not, we have customers with your proportions who take size 38 cafe' racers, as the customer is in very, very good shape. Hope this helps...

Just found this photo of the Aero Sonoma Racer in Tumbled Brown C/X FQHH!

AeroVintageBrownCafeRacerfront_zpsf93235a1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass