Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't resist that Sunburst from Aero. Called Carrie at Thurston Bros. in Seattle and placed an order for a Sunburst in russet goatskin with Lochcarron tartan (the Anderson Modern, what else?), hopefully on the May production calendar.

She is as nice as Holly to deal with ... plus she's a UVa alum!! Which makes it all the better for me!

Now, the waiting begins ... except it's going to be a whole lot less of one than had I ordered from the factory.

I don't know about any of you out there, but it was like being in Willie Wonka's chocolate factory for me this morning when I was clicking through the photos Holly posted. Those new designs are just stunning ... all of them. Mr. Calder really hit it out of the park.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1467

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/photos/51151650cac5cdac_Sunburst Front-500.jpg

Congrats! So far the Sunburst and Aeromarine are my favorites. Good people at the Thurston.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Congrats!!!
That's a swell design, as is the two-tone D-Pocket. Gotta think two-tone is in my future...and probably others as well.
Tick tock lol

Scott, since you know leathers inside and out, is the Sunburst Aero has online in goat? The hide looks totally different from either my FQHH or steer jackets.

This has just been a great morning all around! But now back to work. :-(

Scott, since you know leathers inside and out, is the Sunburst Aero has online in goat? The hide looks totally different from either my FQHH or steer jackets.This has just been a great morning all around! But now back to work. :-(
I've seen a few pics and I'm not sure to be honest. One almost looks like steer. Tough choice, and I'd have to take a step back and do some pondering...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations. I just looked through Aero's updated website and am in terminal overload with just too many choices available on the table, although this one is definitely a top contender. :thumb:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The back of the Sunburst was one of my favourites - the geometric design is very flattering in that emphasises a tapering silhouette and the russett goat is the mutt's nadgers! Very characterful and of a weight that will give great spring through to early autumn use. While we're all confessing our latest Aero sins, I'll admit that I pulled the trigger on the new Irvin for next winter. Damn thing is gorgeous - I'm holding off on the colour til I've seen a sample of the seal though.
The one pictured on the website is the one I looked at /tried on/coveted at the factory.

Last edited:

pauleway

Practically Family
Scott, since you know leathers inside and out, is the Sunburst Aero has online in goat? The hide looks totally different from either my FQHH or steer jackets.

This has just been a great morning all around! But now back to work. :-(

I'm no expert, but I do have an Aero HB in Russet Goatskin, and that picture you posted looks like russet goat to me, same as mine!!!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
2 tone d pocket....beast. Like a himmel bros thats been taking roids and rooting all night....dig it the most.....how about that sexy red cafe racer?

2 tone d pocket....beast. Like a himmel bros thats been taking roids and rooting all night....dig it the most.....how about that sexy red cafe racer?
Um, no...
Michael_Jackson%27s_Thriller_jacket.jpg

lol

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
For everyone's information, the following patterns are currently available for purchase:

Aeromarine, 40
Cropduster, 38-46
Dustbowl, 38-42
Hollywood, all sizes available
Hudson, 44
Northeaster, 44
Original Hercules, 40
Pioneer, 38 to 48
RAF 1944, 38 and 42, but there won't be any more shearling until mid May
Speedway, XS-33, S-36, M-39, L-42, XL-45. No other sizes will be available...
Shackleton, 38. Aero expects to be doing other sizes this week .....with luck!
Sunburst, 42
Thunder Bay, 38
Two-Tone Dustbowl, 38-42
Wool & Leather Half Belt, full set of patterns ready!

We will petition, as best we can ...LOL..., to have the 42 Aeromarine finalized as soon as possible! ;)

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, is the Maxwell the same cut as the Mulligan, just with different pockets? Or are there other differences?

SJ

SJ,

The Maxwell and the Mulligan are the exact same jacket, but with different pocket structures/designs. Both are incredible slim-fitting jackets and we're very, very pleased with both designs!!!

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
SJ,

The Maxwell and the Mulligan are the exact same jacket, but with different pocket structures/designs. Both are incredible slim-fitting jackets and we're very, very pleased with both designs!!!

Although the Mulligan is perhaps more utilitarian, the Maxwell IMHO has a cleaner look. Maybe even cleaner without the breast pocket.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Although the Mulligan is perhaps more utilitarian, the Maxwell IMHO has a cleaner look. Maybe even cleaner without the breast pocket.

Was sort of leaning the same way but on reflection think the breast pocket is kind of cool – it breaks up the design a little. Personally, I'm not crazy about pockets on the Mulligan (although it's a great name for a jacket). However, it looks as though the Mulligan is meant to be worn a few inches below the belt, and that is how I'd want to wear such a jacket. I'm 6', so in my case that would mean a length of about 28". Carrie, without wanting to bore you on this subject, would that work for the Maxwell, or would it do something strange to the design? I'm quite close to ordering.

SJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner