Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Anybody fancy a brown Buco?

bucobrown.jpg
That is lovely mate....whats the story?

majormajor

One Too Many
That is lovely mate....whats the story?
Hi Bunyip

It doesn't exist, I'm afraid. I did this shortened version in Photoshop a couple of weeks ago. The one shown by Insurrection was a little long.
I was playing around with it this morning, and modded the colour.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi Bunyip

It doesn't exist, I'm afraid. I did this shortened version in Photoshop a cloud of weeks ago. The one shown by Insurrection was a little long.

Bugger! Can you put a fake mouton collar on it?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie,
On the new two tone king of the road are you guys able to do your removable collar magic?

Absolutely! Here's a three-snap (just like a Buco J-24) detachable fur collar that we put on a customized Vanson CHP. Snap-on fur collars are $150.00 USD.

Was sort of leaning the same way but on reflection think the breast pocket is kind of cool – it breaks up the design a little. Personally, I'm not crazy about pockets on the Mulligan (although it's a great name for a jacket). However, it looks as though the Mulligan is meant to be worn a few inches below the belt, and that is how I'd want to wear such a jacket. I'm 6', so in my case that would mean a length of about 28". Carrie, without wanting to bore you on this subject, would that work for the Maxwell, or would it do something strange to the design? I'm quite close to ordering.

SJ

SJ,

28 inches, given your height, would be a great body length for the Maxwell!

Anybody fancy a brown Buco?

bucobrown.jpg

This jacket is 100% available! Just specify brown C/X FQHH or Steerhide, the jacket length that you want, the length of the chest pocket that you desire, and you've got the Aero J107 of your dreams!

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Bunyip

It doesn't exist, I'm afraid. I did this shortened version in Photoshop a couple of weeks ago. The one shown by Insurrection was a little long.

Again, this jacket is 100% available! The Aero J107 is a new style offered by Insurrection/Thurston Bros. It is available with all options, in all hides, and in all colors. ;)

I love the new northeaster design. Any chance you're going to have one in stock in the Seattle store?

We definitely plan to...we can currently take custom orders for the jacket in size 44!

Last edited:

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Carrie:

While you're online, I've got two questions about the Northeaster. What would be the standard length for someone 6 feet and what could it be lengthened to? And how does it compare design-wise to the Aero Barnstormer ... that is to say, is it designed to be worn over bulky sweaters and the like or is it a closer fitting design like the Long Half Belt?

Thank you!!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie:

While you're online, I've got two questions about the Northeaster. What would be the standard length for someone 6 feet and what could it be lengthened to? And how does it compare design-wise to the Aero Barnstormer ... that is to say, is it designed to be worn over bulky sweaters and the like or is it a closer fitting design like the Long Half Belt?

Thank you!!

For reference, the Northeaster in Craig's write-up was a size 44 and Denny is a size 38-40. The fit is designed to accommodate layering.

Your Half Belt fit jacket is on its way to you!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
For everyone's information, the following patterns are currently available for purchase:

Aeromarine, 40
Cropduster, 38-46
Dustbowl, 38-42
Hollywood, all sizes available
Hudson, 44
Northeaster, 44
Original Hercules, 40
Pioneer, 38 to 48
RAF 1944, 38 and 42, but there won't be any more shearling until mid May
Speedway, XS-33, S-36, M-39, L-42, XL-45. No other sizes will be available...
Shackleton, 38. Aero expects to be doing other sizes this week .....with luck!
Sunburst, 42
Thunder Bay, 38
Two-Tone Dustbowl, 38-42
Wool & Leather Half Belt, full set of patterns ready!

We will petition, as best we can ...LOL..., to have the 42 Aeromarine finalized as soon as possible! ;)
Hi Carrie, what are the details on the 48 Pioneer?

pauleway

Practically Family
I've received a lot of PMs and I just want to assure everyone that we do ALL Aero styles with every modification that Aero offers!

Beautiful Aero Maxwell, two-pocket design, no yoke, Brown C/X FQHH with Royal Stewart tartan liner.

Hello Carrie,
I know Aero is not doing many modifications to their designs except for minor ones. I am interested in the new Wool/Leather Type II jacket, and want to know if they would add a angled zip breast pocket with the leather trim (to match hand-warmer pockets) to this style jacket? Thank You - Paul

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie, what are the details on the 48 Pioneer?

The Pioneer is a 1940s half belt that fits much like the 1950s Half Belt that Aero produces. The 48 pattern is ready to go for incoming orders!

Hello Carrie,
I know Aero is not doing many modifications to their designs except for minor ones. I am interested in the new Wool/Leather Type II jacket, and want to know if they would add a angled zip breast pocket with the leather trim (to match hand-warmer pockets) to this style jacket? Thank You - Paul

This is an incredible jacket and adding a chest pocket would definitely be possible!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner